Barista - Culinary Institute of Michigan Muskegon
- Baker College
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 18, 2022
The newly appointed President of Baker College invites dynamic, thoughtful, and innovative individuals to join the Baker College team. The new President’s vision is ambitious, forward-thinking, and dedicated to a Student-First philosophy.
The Barista at the Culinary Institute of Michigan is responsible for accurately processing customer transactions and performing register balancing functions daily. Working in accordance with the Muskegon County Health Department sanitation and food-safety procedures.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Perform responsibilities consistent with and supportive of the mission of the institution
- Adhere to Baker College policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the College
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate openly and on a regular basis with supervisor
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time and prepared to perform duties of position
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Proficiency in Micros-POS software required
- Knowledgeable and proficient in computer skills, which allows for the use of computer related technology
Established in 1911, Baker College is an independent non-profit college in the state of Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Baker College believes in cultivating a culture of valuing employees and maintaining a progressive brand as an employer. They are committed to build organizational capacity through a diverse, talented, high performing and engaged workforce.
They have the honor, opportunity, and responsibility of changing lives through education and are in the business of helping people achieve their dreams. They accomplish this by taking care and pride in everything that they say and do and by having commitment to processes, procedures and personal interactions that measure up to the highest standards.
Baker College serves students through campuses located throughout Michigan and online, including the newest flagship campus in Royal Oak. Baker College is fully accredited and offers many programs in the fastest growing fields, such as business, health science, nursing, and IT with convenient scheduling and 24/7 accessibility online.
Please visit Baker College Careers Page for more information.
Our College strives to be exemplars in the practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working in communion with multiple levels of professional representation throughout our college system. We are committed to our initiatives to fully understand how we can advance our levels of diversity, equity, and inclusion and create a culture that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Baker College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Please visit our DEI Page to learn more about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Baker College.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- At least 1 year of cashier and customer service experience preferred
- Previous Barista experience preferred
- Previous supervisory and register balancing experience preferred
- Time management and job prioritizing skills are essential
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert