Residence Hall Coordinator
- Baker College
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 18, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs, Residence Life, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The newly appointed President of Baker College invites dynamic, thoughtful, and innovative leaders to join the Baker College team. The new President’s vision is ambitious, forward-thinking, and dedicated to a Student-First philosophy.
The Residence Hall Coordinator is responsible to oversee the administration of the residence hall, including the implementation of programs which facilitate the educational, personal and social growth and development of all resident students. To co-supervise all Resident Assistants, and to communicate day-to-day safety and facility concerns to appropriate campus administrators.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce all residence hall and College policies and guidelines with hall residents
- Administer appropriate discipline, as warranted, in conjunction with immediate supervisor
- Serve as a liaison between residence halls and College administration
- Establish and support residence hall’s quarterly/ annual goals and objectives
- Coordinate the potential use of the residence halls during the off-season
- Oversee emergency/crisis situations in a professional and calm manner
- Hire, train, evaluate and support Resident Assistant staff
- Conduct regular staff meetings providing assistance with floor administration, programming, discipline, and student concerns
- Participate in all College in-services, professional developments, and training programs
- Oversee the efficient opening and closing of the residence halls
- Participate in and help facilitate residence hall orientations
- Work to achieve and maintain a hall environment that is a positive living-learning experience for all residents
Established in 1911, Baker College is an independent non-profit college in the state of Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Baker College believes in cultivating a culture of valuing employees and maintaining a progressive brand as an employer. They are committed to build organizational capacity through a diverse, talented, high performing and engaged workforce.
They have the honor, opportunity, and responsibility of changing lives through education and are in the business of helping people achieve their dreams. They accomplish this by taking care and pride in everything that they say and do and by having commitment to processes, procedures and personal interactions that measure up to the highest standards.
Baker College serves students through campuses located throughout Michigan and online, including the newest flagship campus in Royal Oak. Baker College is fully accredited and offers many programs in the fastest growing fields, such as business, health science, nursing, and IT with convenient scheduling and 24/7 accessibility online.
Please visit Baker College Careers Page for more information.
Our College strives to be exemplars in the practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working in communion with multiple levels of professional representation throughout our college system. We are committed to our initiatives to fully understand how we can advance our levels of diversity, equity, and inclusion and create a culture that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Baker College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Please visit our DEI Page to learn more about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Baker College.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- Bachelor’s degree with Student Affairs major preferred
- Current Valid Driver’s License required
- First Aid & CPR Certified, or must possess certification within six months, required
- Previous Residence Hall living experience required
- Residence Hall leadership preferred
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office, Internet Familiarity and Social Media
- Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert