Program Leader, Family and Consumer Science
1890 Land Grant Extension
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The CESTA /1890 Land Grant Extension Services’ Family and Consumer
Sciences ( FCS ) program leader takes a holistic approach to the
development of programming that is designed to improve the
well-being of Ohio residents. They plan, deliver, and evaluate
research-based educational programs. Programming is tied to
community needs and directed toward families and individuals. The
position specializes in Child and Family Development, Health and
Nutrition, and/or Family Resource Management.
This position will report to work Monday- Friday, 8a-5p, at the
Central State University main campus in Wilberforce, Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver FCS objective and research-based educational
programs in one of the above specialty areas to meet the needs of
diverse audiences in Ohio.
Partner and collaborate with State agencies, nonprofit, and other
organizations and the public to meet the educational needs of Ohio
• Provide statewide leadership for developing FCS program goals and
objectives and identify needed financial and human resources.
• Use appropriate technologies to plan and deliver educational
programs through workshops. seminars, conferences, media.
one-on-one visits, field trips, tours, and other methods.
• Collaborate with academic department faculty on research
• Secure extramural funding through grants, contracts, industry
supported partnerships, user fees and cost recovery to support
mission critical programming.
Report impacts, outcomes to clientele, public, administrators and
other key stakeholders. Serve as an educational advisor and liaison
for the CESTA /1890 Land Grant Extension Service and the University
to appropriate public issue and program related organizations.
Represent CESTA /1890 Land Grant Extension Service with federal,
state, and local agencies and educational institution at regional
and national levels.
• Provides leadership to coordinators, specialists, educators, and
program assistants in delivering FCS programs.
• Be active in Extension, research, and service activities at the
state level; pilot new approaches and advance existing techniques
in collaboration with personnel from other states where
• Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders,
public officials, and representatives of intended audiences to
analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational
Provide leadership to the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education
Program ( EFNEP ).
The position will require some travel (including overnight stays)
and evening/weekend work and activities
• An earned Master’s in related field of either child and family
development, health and nutrition, and/or family resource
management or equivalent in family and consumer
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of family and consumer science.
• An earned doctorate/Ph.D. degree in related field of either child
and family development, health and nutrition, and/or family
resource management or equivalent in family and consumer
• Knowledge of Extension’s educational delivery
systems and other aspects of the land grant system.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts