High Point University in High Point, North Carolina is pleased to announce plans to establish a Nurse Anesthesia Program and invites applications and nominations for its Founding Director. The program is scheduled to begin in fall of 2024 and will be housed in the Department of Nursing within the Congdon School of Health Sciences. The mission of the program will be to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art training in anesthesia administration for its students to practice as nurse anesthetists, who are licensed as certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) by the NBCRNA for a broad scope of anesthesia practice.
The Founding Director of the Nurse Anesthesia Program will play a significant role in the strategic planning of the curriculum, mission and outcomes of the program, and in ensuring that they are aligned with those of the Congdon School of Health Sciences and the University; in seeking accreditation with the Council on Accreditation (COA) for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs; in the hiring and management of exceptional, student-focused faculty and staff; in collaborating with admissions on the marketing of the program and recruitment of students; and in providing academic, educational and administrative leadership for the program. The Founding Director reports to the Department Chair. As a member of the University’s administrative team, the Director has a role in university-wide leadership.
High Point University is committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of academic program administration in an educational program of anesthesia with higher education teaching experience
- Familiar with Council on Accreditation (COA) for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program accreditation requirements
- Doctoral degree (DNP or equivalent) from an accredited Nursing Anesthesia Program
- Graduate preparation in the basic and clinical sciences relevant to nurse anesthesia practice
- Licensed to practice as an RN in North Carolina or multi-state licensure
- Experientially qualified as an APRN - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) licensure by the NBCRNA
- Minimum of three to five years of leadership experience in higher education and clinical experience as a practicing CRNA
- Formal training in curriculum, instruction, and evaluation
- Current knowledge of CRNA practice and related professional issues
- Demonstrated track record of teaching excellence (academic and clinical) and scholarly productivity commensurate with a lead academic officer in a School
- Proven track record in obtaining and maintaining COA accreditation
- Ability to effectively manage all fiscal aspects of the program
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism
- Willingness to embrace working in an interdisciplinary atmosphere
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, team building, and communication skills (written and oral)
About the University
At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. ® HPU is a God, family and country school. It is located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 5,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It is ranked No. 1 by U.S. News and World Report for Best Regional Colleges in the South, No. 1 for Most Innovative Regional Colleges in the South and recognized for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South. The Princeton Review named HPU in the 2020 edition of “The Best 385 Colleges” and on the Best Southeastern Colleges “2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region” list. HPU was also recognized for Most Beautiful Campus (No. 18), Best College Dorms (No. 5) and Best Campus Food (No. 20). For nine years in a row, HPU has been named a College of Distinction with special recognition for business and education programs and career development. The university offers 60 undergraduate majors, 64 undergraduate minors and 13 graduate degree programs. It is a member of the NCAA, Division I, and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the web at http://www.highpoint.edu. High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
Formal Application Process
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and full contact information for three academic references to the High Point University employment portal https://www.highpoint.edu/human-resources/
For additional inquiries, please contact Dr. Racquel Ingram (Founding Chair of Nursing) at 336.841.2854 or firstname.lastname@example.org . The review process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. High Point University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.