The CAPS Clinician will provide individual personal counseling to
Babson undergraduate and graduate students using a short-term
treatment model. The Clinician will also be responsible for
conducting assessments, making appropriate referrals on and
off-campus, and providing educational and outreach programming to
the campus community; may be responsible for developing and leading
groups; consulting, as appropriate, with staff, faculty, families,
professionals and students regarding a variety of mental health
concerns, and providing risk assessments and crisis interventions
as necessary; and serving in a Clinician-on-Call rotation during
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide intake assessments with triage-based disposition and
- Provide individual counseling for students within a brief and
focused counseling model.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate groups, workshops, and
- Provide training on mental health issues and suicide prevention
to the campus community, including, but not limited to, staff and
- Actively participate in staff meetings, and other departmental
and division meetings and events.
- Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment as needed.
- Provide same day, brief intervention appointments as
- Partner with other Health and Wellness Departments (Health
Services, Religious & Spiritual Life, and Wellness and
Prevention Services) in the development of a holistic approach to
health and wellness at Babson College.
- Maintain client confidentiality per professional role, ethical
and state licensing requirements.
- Consult with other members of the Babson College community,
families and other professionals regarding student care, within the
limits of confidentiality.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all clinical
interactions and consultation.
- Perform case management and administrative responsibilities in
support of clinical work.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
Depending on licensure, may supervise CAPS interns
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
Ph.D./PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology, MSW, MA or
equivalent; licensed by the State of Massachusetts or
A minimum of 3-5 years of related counseling experience.
Must have experience providing brief counseling
Must have strong verbal communication, presentation, and writing
Demonstrated technological competence with an appreciation and
skill to apply technology in departmental operations and
proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
as well as any Counseling Services specific software
Ability to build relationships and establish collaborative
partnerships across the institution
Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and interact
with culturally diverse individuals at all levels of the
Must have strong organizational, written communication, and
interpersonal skills, and must be able to maintain a high degree of
confidentiality at all times
Broad knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and
oppression, gendered violence, and sexual and intimate partner
violence on campus
Previous experience working as a part of a collaborative,
team-based approach to clinical services in a fast-paced work
Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks
that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and
ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after
Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate
willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and
challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on
campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any
appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or
within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human
Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption
Requires some evening/weekend work
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Experience in a college counseling center strongly
- Ability to utilize electronic medical record and scheduling
- Ability to provide clinical services via HIPAA compliant
telehealth platform as assigned