Lecturer in Mathematics
- Harvard University Department of Mathematics
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Mathematics
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lecturer in Mathematics
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Department of Mathematics
Position Description: The Department of Mathematics seeks applications for a Lecturer in Mathematics. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2023. Lecturers work side by side with other faculty on teaching, developing, and supporting courses in the department. Depending on departmental need, these courses may include sections of entry-level calculus courses through multivariable calculus and linear algebra, a non-sectioned course taught independently, and possibly a graduate level course. The teaching load will be two courses each semester.
The position is for one year.
Basic Qualifications: Doctorate in mathematics is ordinarily required by the time the appointment begins. The successful applicant should have experience teaching mathematics at the undergraduate level.
Additional Qualifications: Applicants must have a strong background in advanced mathematics and a sophisticated understanding of undergraduate teaching, learning, and curricular issues generally. Essential qualities include initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work well on a team. Please document your success in the classroom and your organizational skills.
Special Instructions: Please submit the materials listed below through mathjobs.org. https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/20399
Priority will be given to applications received before December 2, 2022.
- Cover letter, including a description of teaching experience and philosophy and comments on any efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information of 3-5 references (3 letters must be submitted to complete your application)
- Teaching statement
- Teaching portfolio (This might include a sample lesson, or assignment, or handout, and a link to a bit of videotaped teaching.)
- Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas.
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Information Pam Brentana, Harvard University, Mathematics Department, 1 Oxford. St., Cambridge, MA 02138
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert