Adjunct Faculty, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Teacher Education, Humanities, English & Literature, Foreign Languages & Literatures, Other Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Internal Position Title
Adjunct Faculty, Computed Tomography
Biological & Hlth Sciences Div
Teach one or more medical imaging courses emphasizing magnetic resonance imaging. Teach lecture and lab portion of the medical imaging class. Use appropriate academic and business software.
The Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements of a faculty member’s career at CLC . Its purpose is to support a culture of continual faculty development and to provide full but flexible paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to student success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence ( CLC CARES ) outline the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in their professional and pedagogical engagement with students.
1. A.A.S. degree or higher.
2. A minimum of one (1) year of field experience.
3. ARRT Certified in magnetic resonance imaging and radiography.
4. Illinois licensed radiographer or eligible for IL state licensure.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. College teaching experience.
2. B.S. degree in education or a health care related field.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain under consideration the academic year. You may check your status at any time by logging into email@example.com with your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct faculty hiring process.
Total Hours per week
12 hours per week or less, per class schedule
Per class schedule
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
Teach courses in subject field and develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
Revise and update course content as needed.
Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of 1 year of field experience?
- * Are you ARRT certified in magnetic resonance imaging and
- * Are you an Illinois licensed radiographer or eligible for IL
- * Do you have college teaching experience?
- * Do you have a B.S. degree or higher in education or a health
care related field?
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 2
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert