University of Idaho
EFNEP Nutrition Instructor
Col of Agricultural & Life
$15.22 per hour
Provide education and support for the Eat Smart Idaho Program in
the areas of nutrition, food safety, food resource management, and
physical activity to eligible, limited-resource participants
including food stamp recipients, food stamp eligible youth and
adult audiences. This position will be based out of Caldwell,
Idaho.We are looking for individuals wanting to join our team to
work with our families in need and help them discover a healthier
- Experience using computers, software and the internet.
- Experience cooking or preparing food and maintaining related
- Must possess High School diploma, completion of high school
equivalency or GED.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience with low resource audiences and working
cooperatively with support systems, networks, and agency programs
available for low-income people/low resource audience.
- Experience developing a lesson plan and teaching groups of
- Knowledge or teaching experience related to nutrition, food
safety, food resource management and physical activity topics,
guidelines and best practices.
- Ability to follow a curriculum including teaching and speaking
publicly, strong communication skills and the ability to work with
a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and give
attention to detail and maintain accurate records.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Familiar with the community where the position is located.
- Must be able to teach or otherwise provide instruction of
physical activities including, but not limited to, marching, toe
touches, squats, and arm reaches/lifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move
instructional materials weighing up to 40 lbs. from vehicle to work
site and from work site to vehicle.
Must be able to teach or otherwise provide instruction of physical
activities including, but not limited to, marching, toe touches,
squats, and arm reaches/lifts. Must be able to lift, carry, and/or
otherwise move instructional materials weighing up to 40 lbs. from
vehicle to work site and from work site to vehicle.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by
October 22, 2022. The position may remain open until filled.
Schedules may have some flexibility. More information can be
provided at the time of an interview.Eat Smart Idaho is a grant
funded program and positions are subject to continued funding. The
grants funding Eat Smart Idaho programming have been renewed
annually for more than 20 years.Eat Smart Idaho staff are required
to maintain a professional image for the betterment of the
University of Idaho and Extension by acting as an advocate of the
Land Grant University and its role in Idaho, the counties and
communities; complying with the UI policy on affirmative
action/equal opportunity as stated in the Faculty Staff Handbook by
contributing to the University of Idaho Extension and local county
Extension Affirmative Action Plans.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative