EFNEP Nutrition Instructor
- University of Idaho
- Idaho, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Agriculture & Animal Sciences
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
University of Idaho
EFNEP Nutrition Instructor
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Student/Temporary
Pay Range: $15.22 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Provide education and support for the Eat Smart Idaho Program in the areas of nutrition, food safety, food resource management, and physical activity to eligible, limited-resource participants including food stamp recipients, food stamp eligible youth and adult audiences. This position will be based out of Caldwell, Idaho.We are looking for individuals wanting to join our team to work with our families in need and help them discover a healthier lifestyle.
- Experience using computers, software and the internet.
- Experience cooking or preparing food and maintaining related equipment/supplies.
- Must possess High School diploma, completion of high school equivalency or GED.
- Experience with low resource audiences and working cooperatively with support systems, networks, and agency programs available for low-income people/low resource audience.
- Experience developing a lesson plan and teaching groups of people.
- Knowledge or teaching experience related to nutrition, food safety, food resource management and physical activity topics, guidelines and best practices.
- Ability to follow a curriculum including teaching and speaking publicly, strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and give attention to detail and maintain accurate records.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Familiar with the community where the position is located.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to teach or otherwise provide instruction of physical activities including, but not limited to, marching, toe touches, squats, and arm reaches/lifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move instructional materials weighing up to 40 lbs. from vehicle to work site and from work site to vehicle.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: STH001987P
Posting Date: 10/11/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by October 22, 2022. The position may remain open until filled.
Schedules may have some flexibility. More information can be provided at the time of an interview.Eat Smart Idaho is a grant funded program and positions are subject to continued funding. The grants funding Eat Smart Idaho programming have been renewed annually for more than 20 years.Eat Smart Idaho staff are required to maintain a professional image for the betterment of the University of Idaho and Extension by acting as an advocate of the Land Grant University and its role in Idaho, the counties and communities; complying with the UI policy on affirmative action/equal opportunity as stated in the Faculty Staff Handbook by contributing to the University of Idaho Extension and local county Extension Affirmative Action Plans.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert