Serve as assistant coach of the track and field team, with
responsibility for the throws event group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop periodized training plans for athletes in the throws
- Provide instruction in skills and technique for the shot put,
discus, javelin and hammer.
- Supervise athletes and offer constructive feedback during
practice and competition.
- Comply with all NCAA, conference, university and department
policies and regulations.
- Promote and exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship and
ethical behavior at all times.
LICENCES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid driver's license.
- Collegiate coaching and/or competitive experience. (High school
- Technical understanding of all four throwing events.
- Coaching education and/or certifications.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.