Administrative Associate IV, Facilities Services
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
*Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
Facilities Services invites applications for an Administration Associate IV to provide support to multiple staff members. Responsibilities will be performed autonomously with independent decision-making based upon procedural guidelines. Consultation with the position’s supervisor occurs as needed, but the individual is expected to be self-directed.
Upon hiring the incumbent is expected to develop a working knowledge of the University of Montana Facilities Services policies, procedures, forms, and their specific uses. The incumbent will develop expertise in utilizing Banner, UMDW, InfoGriz, GTO, EPAF, U-Approve, Microsoft Office Suites, and FAMIS. The incumbent will also develop a solid understanding of various university fund types and the accounting policies specific to the various funds. They will develop an understanding of campus procurement processes and procedures as they relate to Facilities Services and become proficient as a fill-in at the Facilities Services Work Order Center.
• Must be accurate and pay attention to detail with good follow-through skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate in a professional and concise manner with campus customers and external vendors
• Good organizational skills
• Proficient in the use of office computers and related software, with the ability to learn new software
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Effective collaboration skills
• Creativity, including the ability to suggest solutions to problems
• High capacity to organize, prioritize, pay attention to detail, solve problems and make decisions with almost complete autonomy and with proper treatment of confidential and sensitive information
• Solid understanding and knowledge of procurement practices or ability to learn and apply knowledge
• Must possess a good understanding of accounts payable processes and procedures or ability to learn
• Knowledge or the ability to learn payroll practices and regulations
• Ability to be flexible and work cohesively in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to apply accounting theory to various problems and questions, using analytical, evaluative, or interpretative processes
Minimum Required Experience
• High School diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn University processes and gain an understanding of University Accounting Practices and Procedures.
• Working knowledge of construction terminology, bonding, and insurance requirements.
• Working knowledge of contract language and project specification requirements.
About the Facilities Services , UM , and Missoula
Facilities Services is charged with the efficient operation and maintenance of the state funded physical plant and assisting the Auxiliaries with these services when requested. Facilities Services also supports campus in enhancing and developing its physical plant.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administration Associate IV
Position Number: New
Department: Facilities Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $16.946/hr - Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program: Pro-rated annual and sick leave; Public Employees Retirement (PERS) optional.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
1. Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
2. Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
3. Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
*Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert