Adult Educator - Beginner ESL/Citizenship (Part - Time)
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Teacher Education, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Type
- Part Time
ADULT EDUCATOR - BEGINNER ESL/CITIZENSHIP (PART-TIME)
Truman College is looking for an Adult Educator to join the Adult Education Team. Truman is one of the largest of the City Colleges of Chicago, and has the largest English as a Second Language and GED program in Illinois.
Primary Objective :
- Develops class syllabi & appropriate class materials & curriculum for class instruction.
- Takes attendance & monitors class enrollment.
- Evaluates student progress & extra instruction needs; refers students to tutoring as needed.
- Administers progress tests to students & assigns grade based on test results.
- Prepares reports to senior management regarding test scores, student participation & student progress.
- Keeps abreast of state rules & regulations regarding Adult Education policies.
- Stays abreast of pedagogy of teaching & adjusts teaching methods accordingly.
- Attends regular staff meetings with Adult Education Managers & Adult Education Coordinators to received information regarding program policies & procedures.
- Assists with program registration.
- Participates in staff development programs as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
- To provide instruction to students enrolled in Adult Education Program at the City Colleges of Chicago in areas such as Adult Base Education (ABE) & Adult Secondary Education (ASE).
- B.S., B.A. from a regionally accredited university/college in a discipline appropriate to instructional subject, preferably English, Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, a Foreign Language, Elementary or Secondary Education with ESL endorsement (ESL) and/or Education required. M.Ed., M.A. M.A.T., or M.S. from a regionally accredited university/college in Teaching English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, Curriculum and Instruction with emphasis in ESL, Adult Education, Secondary Education and/or Elementary Education with ESL Endorsement, and English preferred.
- Official transcript(s) reflect sufficient subject-relevant coursework to teach the assigned course.
- Sample lesson plan, syllabi &/or teaching portfolio that reflect skills in area(s) of instruction.
- Knowledge of current adult education classroom assessment techniques.
- Teaching demonstration for the hiring committee.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert