Position Title: Assistant Professor, Higher Education
Summary: The College of Education and Community Innovation at Grand Valley State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Higher Education beginning August 2023. Qualifications include a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered if completed by August 31, 2023. Primary responsibilities include: teaching graduate courses in a M. Ed. in Higher Education program which has two emphasis areas, Adult and Higher Education and College Student Affairs Leadership; supervising graduate student research; pursuing scholarly interests; and providing service to the unit and university.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered; doctoral degree must be completed by August 31, 2023.
- Ability and willingness to teach courses and to supervise research activities for master’s level students.
- Demonstrated competence in university teaching, preferably having developed innovative instructional strategies for diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing scholarly activities such as research, publication, writing, and professional presentations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Demonstrated commitment though teaching, research and/or service that values equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Active engagement in professional organizations
- Demonstrated interest in collaboration and engagement with diverse students, staff, faculty, and the university community
- Experience working to advance student learning, development, and success in higher education settings
- Willingness to teach using multiple modes of instruction, including online, blended and distance learning technologies as well as deliver courses on weekends, or other non-traditional times
- Teach graduate courses in the M.Ed. Higher Education program which has two emphasis areas: Adult and Higher Education and College Student Affairs Leadership
- Prepare graduate students to assume professional positions in higher education and meet the needs of diverse student populations
- Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations
- Foster and support inclusive practices among our students, faculty, and community
- Advise graduate students in the College of Education
- Pursue scholarly activities such as research, publication, writing, and professional presentations
- Assist with recruitment and selection of prospective graduate students.
- Provide service to the unit, university, profession, and community.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Educational Leadership and Counseling, College of Education and Community Innovation
Campus: Pew Campus
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and curriculum vitae addressing qualifications, the names of three references, and a copy of transcripts. The online application will allow candidates to electronically attach these documents. If you need assistance or have questions, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
In a continuing effort to diversify our campus community, we actively encourage applications from people of color, women, veterans, people of diverse sexual identities/orientations, and others who may contribute positively to the diversification of ideas and perspectives. For additional information and resources about diversity at Grand Valley State University, see the website of our VP for Inclusion and Equity at www.gvsu.edu/inclusion. GVSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)