Fiscal Assistant III
This position provides financial support to UF Scripps Biomedical
Research end users. The incumbent will be responsible for
calculations, collection, or verification of financial data,
processing of account transactions and for unit account operations.
Will work frequently with the accounting team, laboratory
administrators, principal investigators, the Office of Sponsored
Programs, the Controller’s Office, procurement, and other users to
deliver high-quality customer service. This includes providing
guidance to end users on processes or systems relating to accounts
or fiscal matters.
- Responsible for calculations, collection, or verification of
financial data, processing of account transactions and for unit
- Reviews and posts journal entries such as expense corrections
and transfer journals.
- Maintains account ledgers and handles a variety of funds.
- Investigates and analyzes accounting errors and works with
appropriate departments to resolve the issues.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial
- Develops and monitors budgets.
- Adheres to and interprets University financial policy and
- Provides guidance to end users on system functionality and
financial information reports.
- Responsible for analyzing, preparing, and entering
transactional activities related to procurement, commitment
accounting, and fiscal processes such as processing personnel
transactions and payroll.
- Reconciles and approves purchasing transactions.
- Reviews and researches transactions to provide information as
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves complex accounts transaction
- Assists and supports departments with transaction
- Supports projects for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating business processes and
recommends actions to streamline processes or systems relating to
accounts or fiscal matters.
- Assists with administration of departmental and project
- Performs other duties assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of general
accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or
vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate
for the required experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience with higher education or the State University System
- This position must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work and maintain effective working relationships
- Understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies,
and procedures relating to an accounting program.
- Effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Utilize problem solving techniques and to work
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload resume
and cover letter.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See the
Qualified Positions link on our applicant FAQs page
list of eligible positions.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five
references as part of the application process. When ready, the
hiring department will contact the listed references via email
requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required: