Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for multiple
part-time, 9 month or 12 month, Dining Services Food Service Worker
1 positions. Assignments could be in the dish room, kitchen,
vegetable preparation area, serving areas, dining rooms,
deli/convenience stores, catering and receiving.
Starting hourly rate of $14.98.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 10 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,000 students to find their path. Approximately
one thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three
doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields
and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- learn procedures and practices for food handling, sanitation,
- use food service equipment and utensils.
- use computer cash register.
- understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Basic math skills for recipe and quantity control.
- Working effectively with other employees.
- Working effectively with customers.
- Demonstrated good attendance record; is aware of the impact
that missing work will have on the customer as well as
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must follow basic dress code and hygiene standards set by
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- May be required to work in cold storage areas.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license to drive
university van, box truck or motorized skid. (Food Service
Worker positions within Catering require a valid driver’s
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Six months food service experience.
- Dining and Conference Services staff may be required to work
evenings and weekends.
- This position is designated an essential employee position.
Employee is expected to report to work during their designated
shift during emergency situations, university closures or