Senior Insignia Retail Manager
- Colgate University
- New York, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Colgate Bookstore is Central New York’s largest independent bookstore, located in a historic three-story building in the heart of Hamilton. We are owned and operated by Colgate University and are committed to upholding the University’s standard of excellence in fostering and inviting and inclusive atmosphere and providing exceptional, personalized service to all.
Accountable for the effective procurement of Insignia general merchandise. Accountable for meeting annual budgets for revenue inventory, cash flow and ultimately the profitability of general merchandise products. Ensures inventory levels are in alignment with annual sales goals. Responsible for collaborating with multiple departments, including Alumni Relations and Athletics on special orders, events and new revenue opportunities. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong vendor relationships. Attending industry trade shows and educational sessions to stay up to date on trends. Maintain excellent visual merchandise standards on the selling floor. Assist other departments within the store as needed.
Responsible for the effective supervision of staff as assigned. Ensures selection and hiring of high quality employees; ensures appropriate distribution of work assignments and high quality of employee work product; ensures fair and accurate performance assessments and feedback to include identifying areas for professional development and documenting and conducting disciplinary measures, as needed. Responsible for ensuring fair and accurate decisions regarding employment status (hire, promotion, salary increases, termination); ensures the creation of effective opportunities and programs for employee mentoring, development and sustained performance.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Proven ability and strong desire to provide high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Three years buying experience in the retail apparel business required.
- Deep understanding of retail accounting, inventory management, retail related information systems and retail purchasing and marketing required.
- Ability to work on weekends in a rotation and some evenings.
- Proven success in negotiating in a retail setting.
- Experience working with insignia products preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education or similar setting preferred.
- Bachelors degree or a combination of education and experience through which comparable skills are obtained highly preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert