- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job No: 517802
Locations: San Diego
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Health Professionals, Full Time
Student Health Services offers primary medical care and health promotion to students of San Diego State University through a wide range of programs and services. Care is provided by board certified physicians, certified nurse practitioners and other medical staff including nurses, clinical laboratory scientists, x-ray technologists, medical assistants, and pharmacists. In addition to the basic medical care, Student Health Services offers health education, orthopedics, osteopathic manipulative treatment and psychiatry.
The mission of SDSU Student Health Services is to provide high-quality, convenient, student-focused medical care in a safe and welcoming environment, actively partnering with our student- patients to help them achieve and maintain healthy lives in support of their personal and academic success.
Under general direction of the Director, and governance of California State University Executive Order 943, the Administrative Manager oversees financial management, human resources, and other administrative management needs for Student Health Services. The Administrative Manager serves as a department liaison with administrators in the Division of Student Affairs and other relevant departments for matters involving resource management and financial operations
For more information regarding the Student Health Services, click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base) benefits-eligible, at-will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience including the design and/or development of broad based programs and services, and responsibility for fiscal management, including budget development, analysis, and human resources
- Experience supervising professional staff and a demonstrated
work record of positive people skills is required
- Master's degree in business administration, management, finance, accounting or a related field
- Experience working with fund management systems within a university or college setting
- Experience working in a university health center
- Competency in using computerized spread sheets and other accounting software, relational database development, and familiarity with medical information systems
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources management principles
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards pertaining to the operation of a comprehensive student health care clinic
- Possess strong and strategic planning skills, ability to be forward thinking, with knowledge and demonstrable experience in conflict negotiation and/or resolution; possess diplomacy, tact, cultural sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the principles organizational sustainability
Compensation and Benefits
San Diego State University will offer a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. San Diego State University also offers a rich benefits package that includes:
SDSU COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
In accordance with the California State University systemwide policy, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a valid medical or religious exemption in order to access campus. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of a two-shot vaccine or two weeks after the first dose of a single-shot vaccine.
The individual hired into this role will be required to submit their completed vaccination documentation to the university's secure online health portal prior to beginning work. Individuals with an approved medical or religious exemption on file with the university will be required to participate in SDSU's COVID-19 testing program.
Initial review of the required application materials, including cover letters and resumes, will begin on August 29, 2022. To receive full consideration, apply by August 28, 2022. This position is open until filled.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Casie Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Aug 11, 2022 (9:00 AM)
Applications Close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.sdsu.edu/en-us/job/517802/administrative-manager
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert