- Carroll University
- Wisconsin, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Title:Custodian
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Support Staff
- Job Category:Physical Plant, Staff
- Required Degree:High school
- Manage Others:No
- Demonstrate proper and effective cleaning methods in accordance with the quality control checklist
- Clean, sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub and wax floors, stairs and other surfaces
- Clean and service lavatories and shower room facilities
- Use light and heavy duty cleaning equipment and attachments
- Report items and equipment that needs repair (doors, furniture, lights, and faucets, etc.)
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations, opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational and/or Experience
- High school graduate (diploma/GED) required
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of hazardous chemicals and products
- Knowledge of bodily fluid cleanup and proper protection
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as wood, vinyl and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and backings
- Three years of experience in a related field preferred
Human Relations Skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize work in a consistently changing environment.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees, staff, and faculty and campus visitors.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
- Considerable physical activity is required. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work in all types of weather and temperatures both indoors (temperature variation in campus buildings) and outdoors (precipitation and various temperatures).
- Frequent and repetitive bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Use proper lifting (up to 15 pounds) and safety techniques while climbing ladders.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your supervisor based on departmental and University needs
- Valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under the University's insurance plan preferred
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=503638727
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert