- Oberlin College
- Oberlin, Ohio
- Within the range established for this position, salary will be commensurate with qualifications
- Posted Date
- Oct 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Music
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College invites applications for a 12-month, full-time Administrative and Professional Staff position as Collaborative Pianist to begin on January 2, 2023.
The Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, founded in 1865, is the nation’s oldest continuously operating conservatory, and the only major music school in the country linked with a preeminent liberal arts college. Students are enrolled in undergraduate programs leading to the Bachelor of Music in performance, composition, electronic and computer music, jazz, music history, and historical performance. The Conservatory also offers Performance and Artist Diplomas in performance areas, an Artist Diploma in Piano Technology, and a postgraduate program in Recording and Audio Production.
This position reports to the Professor of Instrumental Accompanying, and responsibilities include work during the academic year (including Winter Term) with instrumental majors or secondaries as assigned.
- Rehearsing with instrumentalists;
- Accompanying students at lessons and studio classes;
- Assisting at juries and Conservatory-sponsored auditions and competitions;
- Recital performances;
- Accompanist for the Oberlin Musical Union;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in collaborative piano preferred or equivalent professional experience;
- Demonstrated evidence of artistic accomplishment and exemplary technical keyboard skills;
- fluency in sight-reading;
- knowledge of diverse repertoire; and a lively intellectual and musical curiosity;
- good organizational skills.
Review of applications will begin on November 12, 2022 and continue until position is filled. Those received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Quick link to posting:
Founded in 1833, Oberlin is a private four-year, highly selective national liberal arts college near Cleveland, Ohio and is also home to an outstanding Conservatory of Music. Together, the two divisions enroll approximately 2900 students. Oberlin College was the first college in the US to make interracial education and co-education central to its mission. The College continues to view a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational environment as essential to the excellence of its academic program. Among liberal arts colleges, Oberlin is a national leader in successfully placing graduates into PhD programs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert