Assistant Professor, Nursing Programs
- Santa Fe College
- Gainesville, Florida
- Posted Date
- Oct 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 27, 2022
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is based on rank and applicable steps for related work experience as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time Faculty, 9-Month Exempt, Career & Technical Education, Continuing Contact (Tenure Track).
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building W, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Nursing Programs at Santa Fe College provide quality nursing education that is student-oriented, accessible to a diverse student population, and based on the healthcare needs of our community. Currently, Nursing Programs offers three-degree programs including a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN), as well as the Licensed Practical Nursing to Associate of Science in Nursing Bridge program. Additionally, Nursing Programs offers postsecondary adult vocational courses for Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Practical Nursing which prepare students for better career opportunities. All the programs within Health Sciences’ Nursing Programs are accredited by the Southern Association of Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). In addition to regional accreditation, the BSN program is accredited nationally by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the ASN by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and the Practical Nursing program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
The Nursing Programs department is seeking a full-time Associate in Nursing (ASN) Program faculty member to provide didactic, lab and/or clinical nursing instruction across a broad range of settings, including a variety of diagnoses and multiple medical specialties focusing on the dynamics of medical surgical nursing. Secondary instructional duties within other nursing discipline areas, including associated clinical sessions are required. Full-time faculty have a primary nine (9) month contract based on teaching 15 credit hours in the Fall and 15 credit hours in the Spring; teaching opportunities beyond contractual obligations during the summer may be available for additional compensation based upon departmental need.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Deliver instruction in didactic, lab and clinical settings to promote student subject mastery and success.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and developing curricula and pedagogical methods that enhance student mastery of course content for the Nursing Programs. Supervise, evaluate, and mentor students in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings. Appropriately document student progress in clinical sessions. Proctor exams for the Nursing Programs. Participate in departmental and team meetings and committee work as requested. Support the mission of the department and college to promote student learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, faculty scholarship, professional development, and service to the college. Assist with the implementation of college policies, procedures and practices in accordance with college philosophy, mission and values. Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to state, federal and college regulations, policies and procedures. Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chair, Nursing Programs
Required: A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and a Master’s of Science or Doctoral Degree in Nursing with a current active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license is required. Current clinical experience along with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certification are required.
Additional Requirements: Documentation of immunizations and health screening are required. A criminal background check and drug screening will be conducted.
Preferred: Relevant teaching experience in medical surgical or mental health nursing is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs. Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions. Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets. Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job. Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, applicable certifications, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Santa Fe College is committed to an environment that embraces diversity, respects the rights of all individuals, is open and accessible, and is free of harassment and discrimination based on, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), marital status, national origin, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, and veteran status in all its programs, activities and employment. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: https://www.sfcollege.edu/titleix/
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert