Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered
educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands
and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and
conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning
opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as
radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Analyst II, Business Services, is responsible for assisting
the Director of Business Operations with budget planning and
financial analysis. Originates, reviews, and delivers reports and
presentations for division and campus leadership. Maintains
compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as
LSC policies and procedures. Requires a detail-oriented, strong,
analytical mind that can exercise good judgement and independent
discretion in all matters, but especially handling sensitive and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Monitors cost and budgets, and assists with proactive budget
- Performs research, compiles information, analyzes data, and
designs detailed reports, proposals, job aids, and presentations
using approved branding and tools
- Delivers presentations at a variety of workshops, trainings,
and information sharing sessions
- Collaborates with and provides ongoing support to all campus
budget managers as point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME)
for campus financials team
- Assists the Director in managing the annual budget development
process for the college and Administrative Services, including
annual operational and capital budgets
- Complies with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as
audit compliance with LSC policies and procedures
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Ability to be a change agent with strong initiative
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen and strategic
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized to successfully
manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented
- Excellent time-management skills
- Knowledge of budgeting, reporting, and planning
- Comprehensive computer technology skills to include Microsoft
Office, PeopleSoft, advanced presentation software, performing
complex queries, and constructing and running reports
- High level of adaptability to adjust changing needs
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent relationship building skills, and written and oral
- Project management skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts. No
special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- May regularly travel to different LSC locations
- May need work weekends and untraditional hours if
- Equipment used includes, PC or laptop workstation running on a
LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, phone, and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in accounting
and/or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related
- Peoplesoft experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $21.05
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.