WIC Customer Service Support
- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
WIC Customer Service Support
Req No: 2022-13966
Category: Information Technology
Type: Full-Time Central Staff
Salary: $39.23 - $50.48 per hour
Under the general supervision of the IT Security and Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the deployment, administration, and management of complex server architecture comprised of Windows and Linux servers and multiple virtualization environments. In addition, as a part of a cloud-first strategy, this position is responsible for administration of the Foundation cloud infrastructure. With a passion to innovate and a drive for developing and implementing enterprise level technology solutions, while displaying personal accountability for results and an uncompromising dedication to quality, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the following: planning, researching, deploying and maintaining Foundation servers and cloud resources, managing backup and recovery, designing and documenting systems, managing systems automation, and ensuring the uptime and availability of assigned systems and services. Duties also include systems change management, working with the IT Service Desk as an escalation point, and mentoring junior members of the Operations team.
The Systems Administrator’s responsibilities include:
System Administration (70%)
- Responsible for the deployment, administration, maintenance, and complete systems lifecycle of all Research Foundation servers and infrastructure
- Responsible for the implementation, management, and support of the Research Foundation virtualization environments including, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V
- Manage and tune system resources including performance monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity planning, logging and retention, database infrastructure, and ensuring serviceability of servers and related equipment
- Plan, implement, manage, and support complete systems backup lifecycle
- Responsible for creation and management of all build documentation, ensuring currency and accuracy
- Responsible for development, implementation, and documentation of repeatable systems procedures
- Responsible for complete IT systems automation implementation and lifecycle
- Day-to-day monitoring and administering of Active Directory components, including Azure AD, and related review, auditing, and object management
- Deployment, Management and Maintenance of centralized and local Linux Authentication
- Collaborate with other SDSU technical staff to facilitate seamless systems integration and alignment
- Troubleshoot applications, including investigation and resolution of reported problems.
- Server software and package management
IT Security (20%)
- Day-to-day administration and development of disaster recovery plans for data security, reliability, and redundancy
- Perform proactive server vulnerability scanning and hardening, including prevention, detection, and resolution in coordination with other IS personnel
- Collaborating with colleagues, develop and implement system access standards and procedures
- Administration of, and accountability for, server patch management
- Implement security policies and procedures across all SDSURF systems and applications
- System Log Centralization, Management, and Monitoring
Service Desk Escalation (5%)
- Serve as a primary point of escalation for difficult service desk issues.
- Coach and share knowledge with less experienced counterparts. Contribute to a culture of teamwork which is dynamic, efficient, and innovative.
- Provide expertise and coaching to Service Desk team in the design of end-user computing environment, systems deployment, application availability, and systems and software compatibility
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES AS ASSIGNED (5%)
Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience with systems orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet - Ansible Preferred)
- Experience in Linux and Windows System Administration
- Experience deploying application servers for Ellucian Banner and Ethos platforms
- Experience deploying MFA in Linux CLI environments
- Experience implementing and managing virtualization technologies in a production environment. Hyper-V, VMWare or similar highly desired.
- Experience managing web and application Servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat, NginX, or similar
- Experience working with networks and networking concepts including VLANs, Routers, and Firewalls
- Experience with administration of AWS environment including EC2, RDS, and S3
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate working relationships at all levels of the organization and with its customers
- High level of attention to detail with sharp troubleshooting skills, problem resolution, decision making, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to develop and conduct end-user training and demonstrations; provide training and support to a variety of audiences, including upper management
- Ability to review existing configurations and operations procedures and make recommendations to improve system performance and operational efficiency including automation, where possible.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for required maintenance and testing.
- Understanding of change management concepts
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a high energy level and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and clearly in written communication to deliver messages to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Well organized, ability to meet deadlines, detail oriented; possess good judgment and common sense.
- Flexibility and Ability to adapt to changing priorities and moving deadlines
- Ability to think critically, logically, and reflectively and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology or a related technical field.
- 2+ years’ experience Linux and/or Windows Server Administration
- One foundation-level certification such as Network+, Server+, ITIL Foundations, Linux+, or similar first-tier, related industry certification
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- Hybrid telework arrangement in place.
- Incumbent must live within a commutable distance to SDSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing.
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/14558/wic-customer-service-support/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert