Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
- Austin Peay State University
- Clarksville, Tennessee
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Professor of Counselor Education. This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position to begin August, 2023.
The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling is a diverse, dynamic, and collegial environment that is home to a large undergraduate program in psychological science, a Master of Science program in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (MSIO), a Master of Science program in Counseling (clinical mental health and school counseling concentrations), a PsyD program, and a graduate certificate program in Academic Advising. The department is housed within the College of Behavioral and Health Sciences which affords rich opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations. Some examples of recent and ongoing college collaborations include a grant-funded research and intervention project aimed at supporting student veteran transitions to college, a grant-funded project focused on student mental health and wellness, a juvenile justice mentorship project, and a working group focusing on trauma-informed pedagogy.
Austin Peay State University is located in Clarksville, TN, which Money Magazine rated number 1 in its 2019 Best Places to Live rankings: https://clarksvillenow.com/local/clarksville-named-best-place-to-live-by-money-magazine/. Clarksville is a vibrant, diverse community with a low cost of living, and easy interstate access to nearby Nashville. Clarksville is centrally located in the region, with Memphis, Louisville, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, New Orleans, and many other major cities a day’s drive away. For additional information about APSU including our mission and vision please visit: https://www.apsu.edu/about-apsu/index.php
More information about the M.S. in Counseling program can be found on our program website: https://www.apsu.edu/mscounseling/
Information about the Department of Psychological Science and Counseling and its programs can be found on our website: https://www.apsu.edu/psychology/.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching responsibilities will include graduate courses in the M.S. in Counseling program. Specific courses may include Foundations of School Counseling; Counseling Techniques; Advanced Counseling Techniques; Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling; Diagnosis and Psychopathology; and other courses in areas of expertise. Summer teaching opportunities are available.
- Advising graduate students
- Supervising counseling graduate student interns.
- Research activity is required for this position and scholarship activities involving students will be encouraged.
- The department of Psychological Science currently has generous lab space, a counseling lab with suites for private sessions, and a recently opened mental health clinic. In addition, the university has funding opportunities to help support research and teaching equipment expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Teaching and pedagogical skills
- Research Skills
- Clinical Supervision experience
- Counseling Skills
- University and community service, and proven scholarly and creative activity are also expected.
- A Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP accredited program is required. ABD will be considered if the doctorate will be completed by August 1, 2023.
Apply at: https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/14599
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert