Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Senior Accountant/Senior Financial Analyst position. The Sr. Accountant/Financial Analyst supports daily accounting activities for the College. This individual will serve as a campus resource for internal and external reporting and business process requirements. Under minimal supervision, this position performs general accounting activities that are complex and broad in nature, assuming almost full responsibility for all bank reconciliations and fixed assets functions, and specializing in general ledger and financial report functions. Performs related duties as required. The Accountant/Financial Analyst will assist in efficiently maintaining and developing employee, physical and financial resources for the college. The Accountant/Financial Analyst serves as an essential member of the Division of Finance and Administration and will interface and collaborate with the Controller and Assistant Controller and other key members of the College Community and external organizations. He/she uses proactive investigative skills and analytical abilities in a complex work environment.
Education/Training/Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required, in Finance, Business, accounting, or similar discipline. Minimum of 3 years of related general ledger and budgeting experience.
- Excellent administrative, oral and written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Information Systems (IT) skills. Demonstrated ability in learning new technologies.
- Proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, macros, and charts), and accounting systems.
- Experience with financial statement compilation and/or analysis required.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and present standard and customized financial, cash flow, and activity reports and report on the financial status of the college, departments and programs.\
- Ability to act independently, understands how decisions fit within the overall college agenda, and navigate the environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Has thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
- Has ability to independently gather, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, and multiple tasks.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
This position is open until filled.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.