Online Adjunct Faculty - Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Unity College
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Geology & Earth Sciences, Other Science & Technology, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Geography
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach Geographic Information Systems (GIS) courses for our online undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks in eight different terms for undergraduate students, and eight weeks in five different terms for graduate students.
- Courses to be potentially covered include Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, Integrated Spatial Analysis and GIS Application, Conservation Cartography and Visualization, as well as Field Data Collection for GIS. Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DVM) in the discipline or a masters degree with ample experience in the profession in addition to the following:
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is desirable.
- Prior experience in instructing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is strongly desirable. Professional work in GIS and its practical applications are also desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert