Part-Time Staff Assistant I, College Relations
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 10, 2022
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Established in 2012, Lone Star College-University Park has been recognized nationally and internationally for its innovation, as well as its focus on student access and success. Conveniently located off SH 249 in the heart of northwest Houston, Lone Star College-University Park is known as the "community's college," providing students with highly affordable degree and certificate programs that transfer seamlessly to four-year universities or lead to direct employment. Campus facilities include the Center for Science & Innovation, the Energy & Manufacturing Institute, Learning Innovation Labs and the Geology Rock Wall. Dr. Shah Ardalan has been president of LSC-University Park since its founding.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Staff Assistant I, College Relations performs standard administrative duties. Generally, reports to a Manage-level position and provides support to multiple individuals or a department. Activities are routine and may be repetitive. Basic duties may include receiving and logging information, making copies, sorting and distributing mail, preparing correspondence or basic documents, answering routine questions and inquires, providing information and directions and providing a customer friendly environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support to faculty or staff within a department
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as a personal
computer, printer, photocopier, transcriber, facsimile, scanner, or
calculator. Progressively utilizes the features of one or more
standard business software packages up to the following skill
- Word processing; Inputs and edits standard text for routine correspondence and reports
- Spreadsheets: Inputs and updates data to established spreadsheets
- Databases: Enters or edits data to existing database files
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail for one or more managers
- Types and proofreads letters, memorandums, forms, and reports
- Monitors and orders forms and materials
- Answers phone; take messages, and/or redirects callers.May serve as the primary point of customer contact for the office fielding miscellaneous questions and problem solving basic issues
- Maintains and files department documents
- Some positions may assist faculty with preparation of syllabi and tests, prepares and distributes faculty evaluations
- Some positions may assist in input of semester schedule
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with common office software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Access)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.88.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert