- West Valley-Mission Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 11, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/19/2022
The District Health Services is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Registered Nurse.
The purpose of this position is to provide routine nursing services and first aid and emergency care as needed for students and staff on a community college campus; respond to emergency situations on campus as needed; and to maintain manual and electronic health records.
West Valley College, located in the City of Saratoga, just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting and wooded acres. Mission College, located in the City of Santa Clara, heart of Silicon Valley, is a beautiful, modern, urban campus. Both West Valley College and Mission College are known for the strength of their academic programs, faculty and staff, as well as, our equity- minded a d student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch services.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 11 months per year, with anticipated start date of November 16, 2022. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley and Mission College
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:$9,708 -$10,646 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 81, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and
abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Two years of responsible nursing experience.
- Equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in nursing or a related field.
License and Certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, current, valid CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide professional nursing care based on medical, physical and emotional needs assessment of individuals.
- Provide first aid and emergency care when needed; respond to emergency situations on campus as needed, request additional emergency services as may be necessary.
- Assist physician during appointment hours; perform pre-examination screenings.
- Provide students with health information in a variety of areas; assist with coordination of presentations by outside agencies on a variety of health care topics.
- Initiate and maintain student health care records, both manual and electronic.
- Perform clinical procedures including venipuncture, administration of vaccines, and preventative screenings.
- Maintain inventory of appropriate clinic supplies; order new supplies as appropriate.
- Assist in establishing clinic policies and procedures; promote and participate in health care events and activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert