Temporary Construction Project Manager, WAUKESHA
- Job Title:Temporary Construction Project Manager
- 100 N EAST AVE
- WAUKESHA, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Facilities, Staff
- Minimum Experience:3 Years
- Maximum Experience:30 Years
- Required Degree:4 Year Degree
- Manage Others:No
At Carroll University, we are
committed to identifying and employing strategies to support our
goal to be and remain a socially just organization. Rooted in the
Presbyterian (U.S.A.) heritage, we respect all aspects of
diversity, embrace the practice of equity, expect inclusion, and
embrace belonging throughout our community. Therefore, we seek
applicants who can demonstrate their understanding of justice and
who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Education and/or Experience:
- Consult with architects, engineers, and university departments
in the planning, development and refurbishment of existing
- Prepare operational budget for fund requirements.
- Continually monitor expenditures to assure that funds allocated
are effectively utilized and expenditures limited to the
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and construction
- Coordinate City permit approvals to maintain safety and
building codes as well as legal requirements.
- In partnership with the Director, select contractors and work
- Prepare budgets, cost estimates, cost forecasting, schedules,
and risk analysis for construction projects.
- Manage contracted projects to assure construction is in
accordance with specifications and budget.
- Prepare and maintain operational plans.
- Measure and report performance of operational plans.
- Process weekly invoices and accounts payable.
- Oversee contractors and vendors to ensure quality standards are
- Coordinate the addition of the project systems into the
University Asset Management Software.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Must be willing and able to support and advance the
- Education and/or experience in construction, architecture,
engineering, or related field required.
- Five years of progressive facilities management capital project
implementation in an academic or similar organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital project planning and
management including early estimator skills.
Human Relations Skills:
- Five years of hands-on technical experience in one or more
- Experience with facilities work order management systems and
current desktop software.
- Excellent technical skills and understanding of construction
methods, contracts, and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of CAD software preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=520364033
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Proven motivational and consensus-building skills.
- Effective leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion,
ability, socio-economic background, or job type.