Building Maintenance Technician II, Waukesha
- Job Title:Building Maintenance Technician II
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Support Staff
- Job Category:Facilities, Staff
At Carroll University, we are committed to identifying and
employing strategies to support our goal to be and remain a
socially just organization. Rooted in the Presbyterian (U.S.A.)
heritage, we respect all aspects of diversity, embrace the practice
of equity, expect inclusion, and embrace belonging throughout our
community. Therefore, we seek applicants who can demonstrate their
understanding of justice and who can inspire our increasingly
diverse student population.
Education and/or Experience
- Performs a variety of skilled maintenance for campus
facilities; ensures that facilities are available for use and
consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition. Areas of
responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- General Carpentry
- Cabinetry and Furniture
- Window Treatments Repair/Replace
- Appliance repair
- Basic Lock and Door Hardware
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic Electric
- Basic HVAC
- General Cleaning Practices
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and can establish,
maintain, and foster positive and effective working
- General practices and operational knowledge of tools used in
the maintenance and repair of building facilities including upkeep
and maintenance of tools.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Principles and practices of recordkeeping and facilities
- Identifies and reports life safety and maintenance needs to the
- Comply with University facility standards of conduct.
- Accomplishing work orders through our facility maintenance
software on a daily basis.
- Maintain and manage records on fixed asset expenditures
- Assist with project work scopes for building maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Human Relations Skills
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Trade school, apprenticeship, or other formal training
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a specific trade preferred or
- Working familiarity with standard building codes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with diverse constituencies (internal and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion,
ability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- PC proficient; experience with Office 365 preferred
- Understanding of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Working knowledge and proficiency with maintenance management
- Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, and inspect work sites.
- Sufficient strength and dexterity to perform duties and
responsibilities of the position
- Job requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull
materials and objects weighing up to 100 pounds or heavier weights
with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
- Work in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to
loud noise levels.
- May work in controlled temperature conditions, cold and hot
temperatures, or inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, and
hazardous physical substances and fumes.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=503641027
- Must have valid driver's license and be insurable under the
university's insurance plan.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your
supervisor based on departmental and University needs
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the