Dean College is a private, residential New England college
grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the
opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean
tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through
personalized support and integrated delivery of academic,
co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers,
embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best
Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of
Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately
1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more
than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and
specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies
and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts,
which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode
Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean
College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus.
Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on
student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean
Difference is exemplified through each student's
commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and
leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16
athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are
employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of
graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs
and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell
Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the
Boston Ballet, and more.
The Dean of Student Financial Planning and Services provides the
overall leadership, strategic direction and management of Student
Financial Planning and Services including student billing,
financial aid, and customer service for operations.
- Participate in formalizing the scholarship and financial aid
- Manage all student billing and financial aid programs;
- Monitor and interpret regulations, ensuring regulatory
compliance and informing college officials of regulatory
requirements and liabilities;
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to
ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional
regulations in relation to student billing, financial aid, and
- Manage the financial aid application and packaging process to
ensure the timely delivery of financial aid funds to prospective
and current students;
- Oversee Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return to
Title IV Funds processes;
- Administer appeals process related to SAP and Special
Circumstances. Establish appeal guidelines;
- Oversee Federal Pell Grant and student loan processing;
- Oversee Title IV refunds and repayments, including those to
U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System
- Work with Financial Services to ensure accurate and timely
exchange of information and awards between information
- Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level
limitations. Oversee reconciliation process;
- Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and report to
reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and
- Complete federal, state, and institutional reports including
but not limited to FISAP, IPEDS and MA Office of Student Financial
- Develop and conduct financial aid presentations and participate
in outreach activities, to include, but not limited to: New Student
Orientation, Open Houses, financial aid workshops, etc.;
- Facilitate coordination and communication between respective
college departments as they relate to the Center for Student
Financial Planning and Services' (CSFPS) role in creating a
positive educational experience for students;
- Integrate efforts to maximize CSFPS's role in recruiting and
retention of students through proactive outreach to students and
- Maintain, research, and submit information regarding
- Maintain knowledge of financial aid policies, procedures, and
- Promote excellent customer service of the department as it
relates to students, potential students/parents, staff, and
faculty, and others;
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to CSFPS, promoting the
development of ideas for improved service and efficiency,
encouraging teamwork, conducting staff training, performance
evaluations and hiring for the department;
- Supervise the Director of Financial Aid Operations;
- Supervise the Director of Student Accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, required;
- Master's Degree in a related field, preferred;
- 8 years or more of related work experience, required;
- Management level experience, required;
- Experience working in Financial Services of Higher Education,
- Operational knowledge of Title IV, State, and Federal laws,
rules, codes, and regulations relevant to Student Financial
Services and Planning, required;
- Experience providing supervision and training to staff in a
Higher Education environment, required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams,
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague, preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster an
engaging, innovative, and collaborative workplace culture,
- COVID-19 Vaccination, required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and
pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing
equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons,
including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation,
promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and
graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the
communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their
effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty,
and community members. All employment decisions are made on a
non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and
harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin,
religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship,
pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related
injury or any other status protected by applicable national,
federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers
admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College
programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background
screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of
the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the
college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall,
telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with
titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and
amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member
of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast
Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference
(ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial
transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives
you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and
any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying
through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College
Careers Account to check your completed application or upload