The Financial Analyst provides fiscal, statistical and analytical support to multiple business units within the Academic Pillar. The analyst is responsible for assisting with budget planning, forecasting modeling, expense management, variance analysis and reporting. The position supports the units in achieving the organizational strategies and business objectives within the Academic Pillar. The position serves as a financial resource and support to business units in the achievement of performance targets and handles highly confidential matters and materials in a time sensitive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Planning/Analysis and Budget Development/Analysis
- Participate in the development of the annual operating and capital budget, multi-year budget projections and forecasts and monthly variance analysis and reforecasts.
- Provide analysis and forecasts to academic and administrative units to make important strategic and operating decisions.
- Compile, analyze and report on the budget requests and ongoing financial needs of the various Business Units.
- Financial Transactions and Reporting
- Ensure accuracy of account balances, resolve funding issues, and maintain proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Prepare and submit the monthly journal entries for preparation of the monthly financial close.
- Assist with capital purchasing and approval.
- Monitor and report on the rate of expenditures of funds and provide analysis of expense patterns.
- Experience using enterprise reporting tools.
- Training and Support
- Train academic and administrative staff in respective area and provide assistance as needed.
- Serve as a liaison for accounts payable, purchasing, payroll and accounting for business unit managers.
- Other Functions and Competencies
Excellent service orientation and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
Must be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment and participate in collaborative work within and outside of direct team.
Ability to relate with sensitivity and professionalism with diverse groups of people.
Experience in developing and managing multiple projects.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in managing complex budgets and financial analysis required. Higher education finance or accounting experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field required.