The Lumen Christi Institute (LCI) seeks a Program Coordinator to join its growing team of young professionals and academics. The institute’s mission is to make the Catholic intellectual tradition a vital dialogue partner at the University of Chicago, the academy, and, increasingly, at secular universities across the country through partnerships with like-minded institutes.
The Lumen Christi Institute was founded at the University of Chicago in 1997, inspired by a common vision articulated by professors and academics at the university. The institute’s innovative approach engages the university community in dialogue about the Catholic intellectual and spiritual tradition through high-quality programming that includes lectures, conferences, summer seminars, masterclasses, webinars and non-credit courses — some of them ecumenical or interreligious — offered by top-notch academics from across the United States, Europe, and the world. The institute’s work has inspired the establishment of similar institutes across the country. LCI’s programming also serves the wider Chicago community through in-person events and has grown a national and international audience through its online offerings.
Now in its 25th year, the Lumen Christi Institute is in a critical moment of national expansion by way of a $3.65-million grant from the Templeton Foundation and seeks energetic professionals to join its mission.
A growing organization with national impact, the Lumen Christi Institute offers a stimulating work environment that prioritizes learning, fosters personal and professional development, and encourages innovation in promoting the Catholic intellectual life in service to the person, the university and the church. More than an academic institution, the Lumen Christi Institute is a community of lifelong learners, committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition as a way to integrate the academic and spiritual life and to form leaders to bring Christian wisdom to our global society.
The Program Coordinator is integral to the Lumen Christi Institute’s success, growth and development through the coordination of on-campus and downtown programming, staff schedules, and event support.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning and operation of on campus, downtown, and summer seminar programming, as well as assisting in advertising and audience cultivation efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with organizational leadership in planning academic year (and summer seminar) programming
- Assisting organizational leadership in sending invitations to potential faculty speakers
- Preparing quarterly budget and program reports
- Overseeing student workers in event execution (room reservation, catering, invitations, RSVPs, speaker accommodations, event staffing, videography, etc.)
- Assisting in planning and design efforts to promote and publicize programs
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with event constituents
- Assisting when needed in the execution of office, campus, and downtown events, including related hospitality, event set up, and clean up
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- 1-3 years of program planning
- Adept at using MS Office
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience working with a Catholic organization and in higher education
- Experience in a small non-profit organization or office
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Canva, or other design software
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com