Executive Director of the Office of the President
- KIMEP University
- Kazakhstan (KZ)
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Posted Date
- Oct 11, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Executive Directors, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Office of the President is looking for candidates to the following vacant position:
Job Title: Executive Director
Department: Office of the President
Position reports to: President of the University
Job Purpose Summary:
The President’s office is the highest executive office at KIMEP University. In view of this, Executive Director of Office of the President bears enormous responsibilities in keeping the President informed and familiar of all activities, and in assisting the President to make prudent decisions by providing information that is needed by the President. Executive Director is the head of the President’s Office and accordingly will supervise the activities of the staff in both the President’s Office and the DPRK Office. Once an executive decision is made by the President, the incumbent will ensure the rapid dissemination of the information to the appropriate people.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To coordinate all administrative activities in the President’s office
- To supervise the activities of the staff, and report to the President on a daily basis issues the President should be informed about
- To act as a spokesperson for the President’s Office at the direction of the president
- To work with the DPRK Office as directed by the President
- Will direct all public relations activities and events directly involving the President
- Will work in liaison with other departments on behalf of the President
- Will keep the Vice Presidents informed of critical issues and work with the Vice Presidents on issues regarding the President
- Conflict resolution and troubleshooting on behalf of the President
- Any other assignments given by the President
Teaching one course per year is optional.
- PhD in a relevant area from a Western university
- Successful experience as a manager in a higher education institution (7 years), including having a proven record of leadership and management, commensurate with this level of post.
- Significant experience in the management of change.
- A thorough understanding of Western higher education quality and standards and experience.
- Experience of managing professional and administrative support staff
- Interpersonal communication and committee skills appropriate for a senior member of the University.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal Requirements:
- Strategic thinker
- Leadership and people management skills at all levels
- Ability to motivate and ensure staff
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Capable of building up positive relationships with government and international agencies, employers, external bodies and other institutions
- Team player
- Negotiating skills
KIMEP University is the leading American-style, internationally-accredited, English-speaking academic institution in the Commonwealth of Independent States. It provides a world-class academic experience and a unique international environment to all its students and faculty. KIMEP was established in 1992 and has built a solid regional reputation as a leading higher education provider. All graduate and undergraduate programs are accredited by FIBAA. In addition, academic programs are regularly rated in the top rank of provision by national bodies.
The city of Almaty is situated at the base of the majestic Tien Shan Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan. About 2 million people live in or near Almaty because it is Kazakhstan's financial, cultural, summer and winter sports and cosmopolitan capital. In addition, Kazakhstan is located in the heart of Eurasia, with critical commercial inroads bridging Asia and Europe. Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st century, Kazakhstan offers unique positions in oil and gas, economic development, and trade. Moreover, with a transitioning economy that has witnessed four-fold growth over the past decade, Kazakhstan's dynamically changing economic, social, educational and cultural environment provides incredible opportunities for significant and original research.
Please submit the following documents to KIMEP University: https://hr.kimep.kz/en-US/Home/Vacancy/476
- Full CV.
- A Cover letter that indicates the position applied for, how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, and salary expectations.
- Please indicate your 2-3 referees' contact details in the application form.
Closing date for submission of applications is December 10, 2022 (11:59 pm based on Almaty time).
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited for interviews by the Search Committee.
Address any related questions to our HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert