Assistant Director, Facilities and Operations
About the Opportunity
The Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations coordinates the
maintenance of Campus Recreation facilities, working closely with
the Senior Associate Director of Campus Recreation, Facilities and
the Associate Director for Health, Wellness, and Safety, to ensure
proper usage, safety, scheduling, and programming. This position
supports a vibrant campus life, enhancing the effectiveness of
services that the Campus Recreation department provides to the
campus, and ensuring that department operations are maintained in
an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner. The Assistant
Director will serve in a leadership and supervisory role to student
workers and part-time TNS staff.
Some weekend, evening, overnight and variable work hours. Must be
available to shift work schedule occasionally outside of the Monday
through Friday from 9am to 5pm weekdays time frame.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master's degree
- At least four years' experience working in athletics, physical
education and/or recreation administration required.
- Work experience coordinating facility usage and maintenance,
preparing contracts, and supervising staff preferred.
- Current standard First Aid and CPR-AED certification.
- California Driver's License required; ability to drive a car
and golf cart required.
- California Class B license with passenger endorsement and
current medical certificate preferred.
- Proficiency in Banner and Cashnet preferred
- Familiarity of rental contract policies and protocols
- Familiarity of recreation excursion programming and risk
management is required.
- Demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, and supervisory
- Strong budgeting and accounting skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit strong customer service orientation for all
levels of college constituencies and members of the public.
- Ability to operate, service and make minor repairs on equipment
- Must be able lift and carry objects over 30 lbs.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oakland-CA/Assistant-Director--Facilities-and-Operations_R109935