Work Site Location:
Coeur d' Alene Campus
This part-time position works up to 19 hours
per week while school is in session. Availability on Sundays
This position will provide assistance
overseeing the operations of in-person tutoring services, training
and mentoring math tutors, and providing math support to NIC
students through one-on-one and small group tutoring
Tutoring sessions may be conducted using in person, online, and
hybrid delivery methods.
Job Description linked below; (some job boards may not include
active links so please click Apply or go www.nic.edu/jobs to see full
Part-Time Lead Math Tutor.docx
Education and Experience
: Bachelor’s degree in education, math, or a related field, and a
minimum of four years of experience in math tutoring at the college
level or Master’s degree in education, math, or a related field,
and a minimum of two years of experience in math tutoring at the
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient skills using technology such as web browsers, web
apps, and cloud-based tools such as Zoom.
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Communicates in a concise and effective manner, both verbally and
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and flexibility with supporting emergent
• Adjusts math tutoring and coaching methods to accommodate the
various learning needs of students.
• Demonstrates empathy while assisting students confronted by
academic or personal difficulties.
• Exhibits strong customer service, verbal communication and
• Creates a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Communicates the need for adjustments to their work schedule in a
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
Application materials include; resume, cover letter
Advertised: November 15, 2022 Pacific Standard