The Adjunct Faculty for Business Management position shall have the
primary responsibility to play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. This is an adjunct faculty position supporting
the School of Business in maximizing the University’s operating
performance while achieving institutional goals and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a part-time teaching and service load.
- Participate in scholarly activities and academic services
beyond the regular teaching assignment.
- Remain current in their disciplines and instructing assigned
courses in a manner consistent with the scheduled time, course
content, and course credit approved by the faculty, administration
and Board of Trustees.
- Complete all teaching, advisement and service assignments which
are a normal part of their duties in a professional and timely
- Give individual evaluations of student performance including
midterm and final grades.
- Adhere to high standards of professional integrity and
- Treat students, colleagues and other members of the academic
community fairly, courteously and professionally.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed
appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and
functions of the School of Business.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Strong research background in Business or Management
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and
time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability
to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and
adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as
well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Doctorate degree in field preferred. Masters degree with 15-18
graduate credits in Business or Management may be acceptable.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS). A thorough
understanding of technology, learning management systems, and
computer applications is essential (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas,
Powercampus, Jenzabar, LinkedIn Learning).
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity