Virginia’s community colleges have a 50-year track record of educational excellence and innovation to serve the needs of our citizens and strengthen the Commonwealth’s economy. When Virginia’s General Assembly established the Virginia Community College System in 1966, the need for a comprehensive system was well known. Over the two decades after the end of World War II, leaders in government, business, professional sectors, and academia had called for a new approach to providing educational opportunities. A key concern was Virginia’s ability to develop a skilled and knowledgeable workforce to expand the state’s economy. Today our community colleges allow every Virginian to gain a quality education. With 23 colleges on 40 campuses located throughout the state, Virginia’s Community Colleges are committed to serving Virginia families, helping them acquire the knowledge and skills to seize the opportunities of today and tomorrow.
KSA’s and or Competencies required to successfully perform the work:
Comprehensive knowledge: ·
The Applications Security Administrator is dedicated to supporting the College Administrators, Faculty, Staff, and Students with the PeopleSoft SIS, AIS, HRMS, WES, eVA, Mainframe enterprise systems along with Enterprise System Security and the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). Provides frontline support for students, administrators, faculty and staff for accessing the VCCS student email, PeopleSoft SIS, AIS, HRMS, WES, eVA, Mainframe and Canvas Learning Management System as well as other college information systems access control.
The Applications Security Administrator will coordinate with information system Data Owners to ensure that access controls are based on the principles of Least Privilege and Segregation of Duties and granted in accordance with the VCCS Information Security Standards.
The Applications Security Administrator supports the college Information Security Officer through monitoring and security administration activities including security reviews, access control reviews, daily review of security reports, and security incident response.
- Information security program development and management to include: risk identification and mitigation, security architecture, and compliance. ·
- Current trends and advancements in IT systems and enterprise wide security ·
- Implementation experience with commonly accepted industry standards and best practices, including ISO 27000, NIST publications, ISF Best Practices, etc. ·
- Some experience with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc ·
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Security and IT Audit concepts and techniques ·
- Comprehensive knowledge of VCCS and Virginia’s security standards
Working knowledge: ·
- Significant understanding and management capability related to the effective planning, implementation and maintenance of a highly technical and complex information technology infrastructure. ·
- Current trends and advancements in the security industry. ·
- Creating documentation (White papers, models, guidelines, user guides, procedures, test plans, implementation plans, etc.). ·
- Security and networking hardware and software evaluation.
- Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and Remote Access network design Standards and protocols. ·
- Directory Services Security automation ·
- Web services Implementation and SSL security ·
- ERP Applications (preferably Oracle/PeopleSoft).