The goal for each member of the USW campus community is to consistently live the principles of the mission of the University. University of the Southwest is a Christ-centered educational community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of servant leadership by emphasizing individual faith, responsibility, and initiative.
- Teaching at the University of the Southwest adheres to belief in God, in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and in the separation of church and state.
- University of the Southwest strives for excellence in academic curriculum, campus life programming, and student activities in a supportive educational community where freedom of thought and expression is honored and the demonstration of faith in acts of service is encouraged.
- At University of the Southwest, students are instructed and mentored by a faculty and staff who demonstrate Christ-centered values and maintain an environment where students can live and work cooperatively, valuing the multiple cultures from which they come; and
- As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
The Registrar manages the Office of the Registrar, oversees and maintains all student academic records, ensures compliance with University policy and state and federal regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and security of all student academic records
- Administer and update student academic records including grades and student academic status
- Resolve discrepancies and disputes as it relates to student academic records
- Confer degrees, issue diplomas and produce transcripts
- Complete degree audits and determine student graduation eligibility and honors
- Generate reports for internal and external use including but not limited to enrollment, National Student Clearinghouse and IPEDS
- Develop and review Office of the Registrar policies and procedures to ensure compliance with institutional accreditation and other regulatory standards
- Process withdrawal requests and non-participation drops
- In conjunction with the Office of Academic Affairs, coordinate and develop the Academic Catalog and Calendar
- Perform enrollment verification
- Assist in athletic eligibility certification
- Partner with Informational Technology to monitor and improve current systems and/or implement new ones while continually evaluating operations
- Maintain and develop content for Office of the Registrar webpage
- Hire, supervise, and annually evaluate Office of the Registrar staff
- Oversee Office of the Registrar budget
- Supply faculty, staff and students appropriate information pertaining to the Office of the Registrar
- Utilize professional resources to stay current with management techniques related to imaging, disaster recovery and other critical issues
- Provide high quality service to campus constituents
- Collaborate with all University departments to facilitate and improve services to students
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, higher education procedures and state and federal policies affecting student records
- Must be decisive and display excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with basic technology, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Ellucian or similar student information system preferred
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Must have the ability to multi-task while perform under deadline
- Ability to use discretion and use sound judgement