Assistant or Associate Professor of Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision
- University of Oklahoma (Norman)
- Norman, Oklahoma
- Posted Date
- Oct 6, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant or Associate Professor of Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision (Two Positions)
Location: Norman, OK
Appointment date: August 15, 2023
The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS) in The Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education (JRCOE) at the University of Oklahoma (OU) invites applications for two positions (associate or assistant professor and assistant professor) in the Educational Administration, Curriculum and Supervision (EACS) program area.
OU (www.ou.edu) is a comprehensive flagship research institution, with a student body of 31,000, that is committed to excellence in teaching, research, and professional service. The ELPS department (https://ou.edu/education/academics/educational-leadership-and-policy-studies) includes faculty who are committed to teaching, research, and service. The department offers M.Ed., Ed.D., and Ph.D. degrees in Education Studies (EDS), EACS, and Adult & Higher Education (EDAH), with most courses taught at the graduate level. The EACS program includes face-to-face graduate programs on the Norman and Tulsa campuses as well fully online programs as through OU Online. Information about the ELPS department and the EACS program is available at http://www.ou.edu/education/elps.
Tenure track faculty are expected to engage in research, teaching, and service activities consistent with the OU Strategic Plan (Lead on University!, https://www.ou.edu/leadon). The individuals chosen for the two positions will be expected to conduct cutting edge research (including actively seeking external funding); teach courses on the Norman campus in person and potentially online; contribute to generative and responsive professional, community, and university service; and actively mentor doctoral students, particularly as major professor of dissertation committees.
We seek individuals who have the ability and interest to teach in at least one of the following focus areas, and to conduct research that informs these areas:
- P-12 educational law, politics, and policy analysis/evaluation. P-12 instructional leadership and supervision. P-12 organizational and administrative sciences. P-12 leadership and policy regarding special student populations, including students with disabilities. Research methods (qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed designs).
- An earned or anticipated doctorate in educational leadership or similar, relevant field by the time of the appointment. Demonstrated record of (associate professor) or potential for (assistant professor) high-quality research and securing external funding. Evidence of (associate professor) or potential for (assistant professor) teaching excellence in graduate level programs. Evidence of (associate professor) or potential for (assistant professor) substantial mentoring of doctoral students.
- Experience with chairing doctoral dissertation committees. Experience with online/hybrid instruction. Experience working with distance education students. Interest in and ability to contribute to graduate program development. Interest in and ability to teach in one of these areas: P-12 educational law, politics, and policy analysis/evaluation. P-12 instructional leadership and supervision. P-12 organizational and administrative sciences. P-12 leadership and policy regarding special student populations, including students with disabilities. Research methods (qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed designs).
The applicant should provide a letter of application that specifically addresses the required and preferred qualifications for the position and indicates whether the applicant is interested in the assistant or associate professor rank. Applicants applying for the associate professor rank should clearly discuss qualifications for that rank. Applicants should explicitly indicate areas of teaching interest and ability, given the teaching areas specified in the position description. Applicants should also provide a full curriculum vita and the names, professional positions, and contact information of at least three individuals who are available to provide professional references. Applicants are encouraged to provide additional documentation that addresses the required and preferred qualifications for the position.
Please submit all materials by November 11, 2022 to receive full consideration for the position. Appointments will begin fall semester 2023. Applicants should submit application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/113434
EACS Search Committee
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
University of Oklahoma
820 Van Vleet Oval
227 Collings Hall
Norman, OK 73019
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert