The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse
student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education,
commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare
students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning
and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we
challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully
realize their highest academic, professional, and personal
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
As a Business Analyst on the Enterprise Systems/Services team, your
role will be central in the development of integration solutions
and business processes that are critical to the smooth functioning
of Enterprise systems. The Business Analyst engages as a proactive
partner within the institution’s end user community, namely in the
areas of Registrar, Financial Aid, Finance, Accounts Receivable,
and reporting. we embody a mindset of continuous improvement as we
act as the single source of truth on ERP systems deployed, help to
optimize day-to-day operational execution to improve customer
service & delivery, guide business process innovation, and
drive transformational initiatives. This position is located in
East Hartford, CT.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and self-starter
with a can-do attitude.
- Working with end users to understand business processes and
then working to help end users become more efficient and effective
utilizing the Ellucian Colleague ERP system.
- Providing functional/technical assistance by responding to
inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with
- Providing guidance in the formulation and coordination of an
end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and
delivering such training.
- Facilitating various business process reviews and application
prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis
and insight into best practice methodologies.
- Evaluating and adjusting where appropriate, the Ellucian
Colleague configurations relative to the client business
- Providing project leadership for functional work groups
enabling them to stay on time and on task.
- Serving as cross-module integration project coordinator to
assist in the resolution of cross-module issues.
- Consulting with supervisors, systems analysts, programmers and
end users to develop functional design specifications and gathering
information about program intent, functions, features; data
requirements, input requirements and output requirements; internal
and external checks and controls; hardware and operating system
environment, interfaces with other systems, training and
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety
practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
- In addition to Colleague, working knowledge of the other
Ellucian product functional/technical environments, such as CRM
Advise, Slate etc.
- Be capable of providing quality end-user consultation and
support. Knowledge in one or more of these specific Colleague ERP
functional areas is desired: Registration, Financial Aid, Finance,
or Accounts Receivable.
- ARGOS Reporting knowledge.
- Business Process Analysis and Improvement experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
Special Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in
technology related field.
- Three years of IT Experience, Higher Education Preferred
- Good customer relationship skills.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong basic computer skills: Word, Power Point, Excel, Email,
Physical and Mental Requirements :
1/3 to 2/3
- Valid license & insured vehicle
Outdoor Weather Conditions
Work with fumes or airborne particles
Work near moving mechanical parts
Risk of electrical shock
1/3 to 2/3
Talking & Hearing
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel
Climbing or balancing
Bending, pulling, pushing
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 75 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
Over 100 pounds
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
___ Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
___ No special vision requirements
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse &
- PTO program
- Flexible work schedules