- Goodwin University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Computer Services & Information Technology, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
As a Business Analyst on the Enterprise Systems/Services team, your role will be central in the development of integration solutions and business processes that are critical to the smooth functioning of Enterprise systems. The Business Analyst engages as a proactive partner within the institution’s end user community, namely in the areas of Registrar, Financial Aid, Finance, Accounts Receivable, and reporting. we embody a mindset of continuous improvement as we act as the single source of truth on ERP systems deployed, help to optimize day-to-day operational execution to improve customer service & delivery, guide business process innovation, and drive transformational initiatives. This position is located in East Hartford, CT.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Working with end users to understand business processes and then working to help end users become more efficient and effective utilizing the Ellucian Colleague ERP system.
- Providing functional/technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with programs.
- Providing guidance in the formulation and coordination of an end-user training strategy, and when appropriate, developing and delivering such training.
- Facilitating various business process reviews and application prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis and insight into best practice methodologies.
- Evaluating and adjusting where appropriate, the Ellucian Colleague configurations relative to the client business practices.
- Providing project leadership for functional work groups enabling them to stay on time and on task.
- Serving as cross-module integration project coordinator to assist in the resolution of cross-module issues.
- Consulting with supervisors, systems analysts, programmers and end users to develop functional design specifications and gathering information about program intent, functions, features; data requirements, input requirements and output requirements; internal and external checks and controls; hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, training and support.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
- In addition to Colleague, working knowledge of the other Ellucian product functional/technical environments, such as CRM Advise, Slate etc.
- Be capable of providing quality end-user consultation and support. Knowledge in one or more of these specific Colleague ERP functional areas is desired: Registration, Financial Aid, Finance, or Accounts Receivable.
- ARGOS Reporting knowledge.
- Business Process Analysis and Improvement experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in technology related field.
- Three years of IT Experience, Higher Education Preferred
- Good customer relationship skills.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong basic computer skills: Word, Power Point, Excel, Email, etc.
- Valid license & insured vehicle
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3 Outdoor Weather Conditions X Work with fumes or airborne particles X Work near moving mechanical parts X Risk of electrical shock X Vibration X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3 Standing X Walking X Sitting X Talking & Hearing X Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X Climbing or balancing X Bending, pulling, pushing X Driving X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3 Up to 10 pounds X Up to 25 pounds X Up to 50 pounds X Up to 75 pounds X Up to 100 pounds X Over 100 pounds X
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
___ Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish colors)
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and
___ No special vision requirements
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
- Flexible work schedules
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert