Lead Programmer Analyst
Academic Affairs, Division of
Information Systems and Security
Staff & Administration
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
The lead programmer analyst is a member of a modern technical team
responsible for the development and advancement of SUNY Cortland’s
Student Information System ( SIS ) in the Department of Systems
Administration and Web Services ( SAWS ). The lead programmer
analyst position, reporting to the assistant director of
Administrative Computing serves as a technical resource for support
and maintenance of integrations with the Banner ERP system and
other university systems.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Performs complex analytical and programming activities
associated with supporting systems and interfaces.
- Designs, performs analysis and authors programming associated
with maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to existing
administrative applications and use a variety of development tools
to provide update and inquiry access to academic and administrative
- This position must also investigate and become an expert in
’new technologies with the intent of implementation as well as to
provide training to other team members and be a source for the
developed standards pertaining to these technologies.
- Provides technical consultation to the assistant director,
project leaders, managers, and departments.
- Meets with management to define and design ways to update
applications to meet ongoing changing requirements of the entire
Reports to the assistant director of Administrative Computing
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years’ relevant programming
experience OR i n lieu of degree; 3 years of full time
directly related experience; OR a combination of higher
education and experience totaling 3 years may be considered.
- Experience with relational database systems and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong
- Proven technical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with
colleagues and customers
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Sciences, or a
- Experience in working in a large complex organization
- Have relevant experience in integrating business systems and
applications in a higher education environment
- Experience working with Banner Student systems
- Experience building interfaces and integrations between
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- Ability to understand languages, tools, and frameworks such as
C, Groovy/Grails, Java, PHP, PL/ SQL, Python, XML, Eclipse, and am
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The university actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the university.
Job Close Date
Posting Detail Information
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Please, share your understanding of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and briefly describe your commitment to treating others,
at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)