Open Until Filled
Food Service Associate A
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
$20.35 / hr
Hiring Range Maximum
$20,35 / hr
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6.00am-2.30pm; Saturday/Sunday off
Location of Position
Located at Byrne Hall, Tuck School of Business.
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Under close supervision, sets up and arranges serving lines and
dining room in College dining facilities. Serves food from counters
and steamtables to cafeteria patrons Stores leftover food items and
cleans up kitchen utensils and equipment and the work and dining
room areas at the completion of the shift. Assists with daily
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
No formal education or experience required
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Six (6) months of relevant experience in food service
operations; or the equivalent.
- Food service experience in an institutional establishment
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of cleanliness procedures and general
- Ability to learn proper food protection and handling
- Ability to learn methods and procedures used in food service
operations including cash handling.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
apply customer relations procedures and policies.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift/carry
objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May work varied shifts and required overtime.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Special Instructions to Applicants
UNION POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO SEIU UNION MEMBERS ONLY DURING THE
FIRST WEEK OF POSTING . AFTER ONE WEEK OF POSTING, IF THE POSITION
HAS NOT BEEN FILLED INTERNALLY, IT IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE DARTMOUTH COMMUNITY .
OPEN TO UNION MEMBERS ONLY FROM (8/8/2022) THROUGH
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the
first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Employee may be assigned to primary duty of cashier or
Percentage Of Time
- Carries trays and containers of food and supplies from kitchen
to serving/dining area.
- Stocks and arranges food, dishes, silverware, and other
supplies at steamtables, ice counters, salad bars and serving
- Serves food from counters and steamtables to cafeteria patrons,
e.g. serves salads, vegetables, meat, and breads; ladles soups and
sauces; portions desserts; and fills beverage cups and glasses as
indicated by customer.
- Prepares hot and cold beverages.
- Replenishes foods and condiments at serving stations.
- Cleans tables and seats and general dining area in accordance
with sanitary procedures.
- Scrubs and polishes counter, steamtables and other
- Removes food after meals and cleans equipment, counters and
- Learns and follows safety precautions and proper food
protection and handling procedures.
Percentage Of Time
- Operates cash register to itemize and total customer’s
- Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
- Scans item to record price and totals purchases on cash
- Collects cash, check, or student multiple charge system payment
from customer and makes change for cash transactions.
- Maintains an awareness to potential shoplifting and practices
- Counts money in cash drawer and starts up and closes out the
register at beginning and end of work shift.
- Identifies items not accepted by the scanner.
Percentage Of Time
- As needed, assists with daily catering orders.
- Reads menus/orders to determine amount and kind of foods and
supplies to be packaged.
- Makes and wraps sandwiches and desserts.
- Loads delivery cartons with food, condiments, silverware,
dishes and beverages.
- Delivers orders to designated area or customer location.
- Sets up and arranges tables and decorations; serves foods and
beverages to guests.
- Packs dishes and utensils for removal to catering
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter