Health Data Analyst needed to serve as a university representative and liaison to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources to plan and perform projects, programs and activities involving health data analytics and program evaluation in Morgantown, WV.
As a Health Data Analyst you will work as part of a team to advance the partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
Your duties for this position will included but are not limited to the following:
- facilitate communication and efficient collaboration between research partners at the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the staff of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
- oversee and conduct analyses of Medicaid claims data and other state data sources at the direction of the West Virginia University Office of Health Affairs leadership or leadership within the Department for Health and Human Resources.
- support both West Virginia University faculty as well as leadership within the Department for Health and Human Resources in using state data sources to answer evaluation questions of interest to the state.
- assist with training other West Virginia University faculty in analyzing Medicaid claims data and other state data sources using SAS or other statistical analysis packages.
- ensure that data analytic and research and evaluation activities are compliant with university-level policies for the responsible conduct of research as well as federal, and state policies.
- provide consultation to faculty and government partners regarding preparation of research proposals, design and methodology, data analytics and interpretation of results.
- identify opportunities for potential collaborations between the Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
- prepare reports as required by the University, the Health Sciences Center administration, and external agencies.
- communicate the results of analytic projects and program evaluations with relevant staff of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
Master's degree in Environmental Health Science, Health Services Research, Health Economics, Pharmacoepidemiology, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or Public Health
2 years of experience in health data analysis, which must include 2 years of experience in the following skill sets:
(I) statistical analysis of health related and biomedical sets;
(2) BASE and advanced SAS;
(3) creating and administering datasets;
(4) database administration and data stewardship;
(5) performing data analysis of health outcome and policy research through reviewing health services research, public health informatics, health policy, and clinical outcomes in a research setting;
(6) conducting research using large health data sources within the healthcare industry, an academic institution, or government setting.
• At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
• West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.