Bus Driver Part- Time
SUNY Budget Title:
Student Activities Assistant
Management & Professional, Athletics
The Athletics Department at SUNY Brockport is comprised of 23
sports and is accepting applications to establish a pool of
candidates to fill possible openings for the part-time position of
- Safe operation of a passenger bus used in transporting
passengers to various locations.
- Safety of students-athletes and staff while in transit to and
from designated locations for the purpose of team competitions and
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Assist in the loading and unloading process.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicle(s) post-trip.
- Fuel vehicle(s).
- Report maintenance needs.
- Working knowledge of the Vehicle and Traffic Law as it applies
to the safe and legal operation of vehicles operated.
- Ability to physically operate assigned vehicles safely and
effectively under various road conditions.
- Ability to plan routes to specific locations and to properly
estimate time required to reach the locations.
- Ability to communicate orally for the purpose of exchanging
- Ability to clean bus interior and exterior.
- Availability for weekdays, some weekends, evenings, and
occasional overnights on an as needed basis.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL Class B Driver's License with Passenger
Endorsement, provide copy
- Possess a valid NYS Driver's License appropriate to all
vehicle(s) operated, provide copy
- Possess a current Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
card, provide copy
- Minimum 3 years' experience driving passenger buses
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing after
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
As needed basis
Salary and Benefits:
$22.00 May be benefits
eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Submit your application,
cover letter, resume, and contact information for three
professional references (one being a current supervisor) at
Background Investigation Statement:
applicants are subject to a pre-employment background
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the
Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that
an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations via email at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering
integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our
Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom
and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility
and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value
human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental
to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and
service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/496198/bus-driver-part-time