Academic Operations Coordinator
Extended Campuses - Scottsdale
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
- This position is posted as Academic Operations
Coordinator, which is a working title. The NAU system
title for this position is Academic Program Coordinator,
- This position will be located at the NAU Office on the
Scottsdale Community College campus.
Statewide program delivery is dynamic and nuanced - often involving
a rather sophisticated understanding of multiple interests and
moving pieces. This is a critical position focusing on day-to-day
academic operations statewide and supporting operational logistics
and administrative functions required in order for classes to
occur. This includes, but not limited to, creating and maintaining
class schedules, coordinating statewide facility/classroom usage,
and providing a variety of support to academic units, faculty,
staff, community partners, and other stakeholders.
Statewide Academic Operations - 75%
Process various university course scheduling procedures
Coordinate classroom use at the NAU Scottsdale Campus for NAU
classes, as well as other assigned statewide locations,
- Create and maintain class schedules in Coursedog/LOUIE for NAU
Scottsdale campus classes, as well as other statewide locations and
- Maintain and update schedule of courses and course rotation
spreadsheets, gather required information and clarify missing or
unclear information with academic program chair.
- Follow established NAU course create guidelines and
- Assist academic units with class scheduling special requests
(e.g., new topic, out-of-term, new facilities and/or
- Cancel courses as requested by academic units; communicate
schedule changes to instructors and other stakeholders, as
- Create and/or generate reports and data integrity queries.
Statewide and Online Instructor Assignments
- Manage and maintain room reservation requests to various
statewide partner facilities, confirm reservation requests, and
update partner facility owner of any changes to course schedules or
- Manage and maintain the processes for NAU faculty and students
to obtain access to various partner facility resources such as
classroom computer, WIFI, or other computer networks.
- Serve as the NAU point of contact to coordinate with various
facility partners to obtain non-NAU system username/passwords, key
cards/classroom keys, etc. for NAU faculty and students.
- Support NAU faculty teaching at various partner facilities in
troubleshooting campus specific classroom/computer login issues,
facility access, etc.
- Assist with room reservations for graduate student dissertation
defenses at Scottsdale Community College.
- Enter projected and final rental amounts in EC Admin
Pages/Facility Management tool.
- Collaborates with NAU academic chairs or other leadership to
identify faculty teaching assignments.
- Lead communications to NAU faculty to facilitate class
scheduling and preparation.
- Process instructor approval requests in the EC Admin
Pages/Instructor Approval system and upload credentials, as
- Process essential hiring information to the HR Service
- Assign the instructor to the course in Coursedog/LOUIE,
including identifying correct instructor role and providing
accurate salary/pay information.
- Assign lead faculty to courses with Steward and/or Designer
access, as needed.
- Responds to instructor inquiries, as well as requests for
- Communicate facility specific information and resources to the
NAU faculty member assigned to the course.
Campus Support - 20%
- Serve as NAU Scottsdale campus building manager.
- Provide front-office coverage and support in the UC Building at
Scottsdale Community College.
- Reserve/schedule UC Building classrooms and meeting rooms for
internal and external use.
- Liaison with NAU CAPCOT/Space Management, NAU ITS, and
Scottsdale Community College as needed in support of campus
- Serve as a Cleary Act Campus Security Authority (CSA) for NAU
- Provide any non-financial administrative support requested by
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional business travel may be required. Employees may be
required to provide their own transportation. Weekend and evening
hours may occasionally be required.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Experience in course scheduling in a university setting.
- Experience supporting academic operations in a university
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of academic operations tools, processes,
policies, and concepts.
- Knowledge of best practices for community partnership in higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Customer service skills.
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Manages and maintains relationships.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Communicates effectively.
- Works independently and/or part of a team.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $41,421. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
October 17, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606682&PostingSeq=1