Under the newly minted division of University Marketing &
Communications, the Office of Marketing Communications creates
proactive, innovative, and comprehensive marketing, communications
and branding strategies that highlight Drexel’s academic strengths
and research, while emphasizing the value and potential of the
experiential education model. The Office of Marketing
Communications works closely with colleges, schools, academic and
administrative staff throughout the University to create
comprehensive marketing and communications strategies that serve
the University’s overarching branding, recruitment and retention
goals to meet or exceed the enrollment and revenue objectives. The
Office of Marketing Communications defines, protects, and
disseminates the Drexel University brand while clearly illustrating
its unique value proposition.
The Office of Marketing Communications seeks a creative, analytical
and Web-savvy Web Product Coordinator to manage a digital marketing
suite within the Sitecore Content Management System. This person
will be responsible for reviewing, monitoring and testing
web-related content, using the Sitecore digital marketing suite and
other tools, to make informed recommendations to edit, create and
serve content targeted to defined audiences. This key team member
will be the liaison for all core website content optimization and
will work closely with The Division of Marketing &
Communications, as well as with Drexel IT, Admissions, and external
vendors, to ensure that websites are optimized to achieve business
goals and KPIs.
The Web Product Coordinator reports to Director of Web Strategy and
will be key to the development, planning and utilization of the
Sitecore CMS—eventually serving as its chief evangelist for
marketing and communications staff at Drexel's 15 colleges and
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent communicator and creative thinker with experience
building the strategic vision and roadmap for websites within a
broader digital ecosystem.
• Have successfully led web projects by understanding business and
communications goals and translating them into website
• Have experience managing content curation and taxonomy within an
• Have exemplary problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Have strong working knowledge and understanding of analytics
platforms, such as Google Analytics and Sitecore xDB.
• Have a solid understanding of web and mobile design and web user
• Have demonstrated ability to drive improvements with knowledge of
and familiarity with SEO, A/B and multivariate testing and a track
record of educating others as to their efficacy and utility.
• Have experience collaborating closely with UX designers and
developers and/or handling external web agency to build
- Assist in planning, implementing, managing, optimizing and
maintaining the website platform at the University including the
eventual addition of the Sitecore marketing suite and website
- Liaise with Drexel IT, third-party SEO and paid media vendors
to achieve team goals.
- In conjunction with other members of the Marketing and
Communications team and external agencies design A/B and
multivariate tests and lead/advise usability testing.
- Assist in the development of ongoing service improvements and
defining the long-term roadmap for web services.
- With the web team instructional designer, coordinate user
acceptance testing processes and test cases for new web
- Produce monthly reports on audience-based web metrics – and use
this data to continuously optimize content on the core Drexel.edu
- Work with representatives from colleges and schools to push
forward a comprehensive digital strategy that utilizes Sitecore as
a digital marketing tool.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
in communications, marketing, information science, computer
science, business analytics, or related major required.
- A minimum of four to five years of experience with a proven
record of increased responsibility managing marketing Web content
at the institutional level required.
- Experience managing content curation and taxonomy within an
- Exemplary problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of analytics
platforms, such as Google Analytics.
- Direct experience with the Sitecore CMS.
- Experience with the Sitecore Experience Platform or similar
automated marketing platforms.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table.
- Hybrid/Remote work arrangement.
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of K. For
more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
- List other required documents
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time