Position's Functional Title
Institutional Advancement Fundraiser
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
This position is responsible for day-to-day fundraising which
includes engaging alumni, corporations, individuals, foundations,
and other sources/form of collaboration. The incumbent will be
responsible for engaging assigned constituent groups, individuals,
boards, and serve as a liaison to the University’s Colleges. The
individual will cultivate and steward relationships with alumni and
other donors, maintaining positive, professional, mutually
beneficial relationships with board members, alumni, and
Fundraising to support the mission and initiatives of
Governors State University.
Engage assigned campus entities (i.e., Colleges, Arts,
Athletics, Library) and individuals in order to fundraise on their
behalf, build relationships with alumni and/or other
Lead and collaborate in fundraising initiatives.
Use Slate and other database software to manage
constituents base, reporting, and moves management.
Other related duties as assigned.
· Works independently, making judgment decisions on routine tasks,
seeks supervisor’s approval, when required.
· Adheres to the FERPA guidelines and the University established
data entry guidelines.
· Must be able to manage confidential information
· Must be able to act with urgency, manage high pressure timelines,
find best practices, and act in innovative ways to build
relationships with alumni, corporate, business and civic
· Must exhibit an elevated level of diplomacy, positive attitude, a
can-do attitude, and tact in interpersonal interactions to
effectively managing relations with board members, alumni and
· Must be able to facilitate conversations and meetings to gain
· All the tasks performed by
this position are interrelated with every aspect of the unit’s
operation and will require working with a variety of internal and
departments, as well as with external constituencies. Exceptional
care needs to be taken to make sure that delicate situations are
managed confidentially and with diplomacy.
· Maintain professionalism and always maintain the integrity and
reputation of the University.
· Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas
both orally and in writing.
· Must be able to work independently and well as in a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Effective in building working relations with University
· Excellent team player and collaborator.
· Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Hybrid work model is possible as appropriate.
· Individual must be able to move around the campus and off campus
to attend meetings and events.
· Individual must be able to secure transportation to and from
· Individual must be able to communicate verbally and express
oneself to successfully fundraise and communicate with
Travel as needed to meet with potential donors, and attend events
as requested by Vice President.
$55000 – $65000 / year
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Education,
Marketing, or related field.
· 1 – 5 years of experience in fundraising, sales, constituent
management, or related field.
Desired Education and Experience
· Working in an educational setting is a plus.
· Work with volunteer leaders.
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Review of
materials will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. For full consideration submit complete
application and supporting materials by February 15, 2023.
- Please include a list of at least three (3) professional
references with current contact information.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- Letter of Recommendation