The University seeks an energetic, dynamic, and self-motivated Dean of the School of Business and Management (SBM) who will exponentially increase SBM enrollment, develop and strengthen strategic partnerships, and work with faculty to develop academic programs with market demand. NDNU also seeks a Dean who will fundraise for the academic and operational needs of the SBM in alignment with the university’s fundraising initiatives.
The opportunities for the next School of Business Dean include:
- Establishing/developing advisory board(s) for SBM focused on ideation relative to academic programs, strategic partnerships, workforce intelligence, and fundraising for the SBM;
- Harnessing SBM’s strategic location in the Silicon Valley and San Joaquin County to develop innovative academic programs and strategic partnerships to grow academic programs and certificates that are in demand;
- Working collaboratively with other the Provost, Deans, Enrollment, and Marketing to create shared opportunities for interdepartmental programmatic development focused on enrollment growth;
- Working collaboratively with Enrollment and Marketing to promote SBM’s programs and build SBM’s regional brand recognition;
- Creating additional opportunities for student internships and experiential learning;
- Understanding and supporting NDNU’s mission, vision, and values, ensuring that its identity as a Catholic institution founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur remains central to the culture of the SBM and the university.
Reporting directly to the Provost and a member of the Provost’s Academic Leadership Team, the Dean of the School of Business and Management’s responsibilities require:
- An MBA, DBA, or a related field, from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Strong record of enrollment growth and fundraising;
- Demonstrated ability to leverage external partnerships to benefit the SBM and NDNU through the development of student internships and employment opportunities, fundraising, friend-raising, and promoting SBM and its programs;
- Visionary with regard to business programs and business schools;
- Understanding of current and evolving trends in the business world;
- Knowledgeable about the latest skills and technology used in corporations and business;
- Substantive experience developing an organizational vision and the ability to build consensus around that vision;
- Corporate/business experience
- Leadership in higher education academic administration (preferred)
- Experience with online education (preferred)
- A data-driven, collaborative, and appropriately transparent leadership style;
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving, solving problems creatively, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Pedagogical and philosophical alignment to NDNU’s hallmarks of social justice, global peace, and community engagement.
NDNU School of Business and Management is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences working in a diverse environment and what qualities you would bring to support this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.