Position Information-Job Vacancy
Clinical Social Worker
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
College and Career Transition
Hiring Salary Range
$66,281 - $72,909 / Annually
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Coordinator, is a confident and skilled Licensed
Therapist ( LCSW -C). As an integral part of the College and Career
Transitions team, the Clinical Coordinator will provide oversight
for the Next Step Training and Education program. This professional
serves as a champion, ensuring that persons facing economic
insecurity benefit from programs to improve their personal,
academic, and career outlooks. The clinical coordinator also
provides clinical supervision for social work interns. The clinical
coordinator also develops, implements, and evaluates interventions
for families facing economic insecurity. On an as needed basis, the
clinical coordinator provides direct therapeutic services,
training, and support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Holds valid Maryland clinical license ( LCSW -C). Approved
supervisor credential preferred.
- Experience working with co-occurring disorders
- 2-3 years of clinical supervisory experience
- 1-2 years of experience in program development, sustainability,
and performance management
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work
collaboratively to resolve challenges
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance standards and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, etc.) and electronic medical records systems
- Knowledge of theoretical orientations and evidenced-based,
treatment approaches for adults, children, and adolescents
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Provides clinical oversight in compliance with the MD Board of
Social Work and C.O.M.A.R.
· Oversees the daily operations of the CCT Two-Generation programs
- Supervises the transition navigators and social work interns to
assure the successful implementation of interventions for referred
- Provides clinical supervision to licensed and non-licensed
therapists and interns
- Guides the transition navigators and interns in the development
and implementation of programs for the children and youth in the
- Provides staff with knowledge, resources, and skills that
improves their ability to adhere to the NASW competencies while
providing remedial services, academic strategies, direct and
intensive barrier removal and workplace coaching
- Assist the director in aligning program activities with the
performance/outcome standards of the grant(s)
- Supervises the documentation and record keeping processes to
ensure timelines, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- As needed, provide direct clinical treatment for clients
experiencing crisis that impede their personal, academic, and
- Monitors trends and makes informed decisions regarding service
delivery for individuals and families facing economic
- Maintains an understanding of services and supports in the
region and establish working partnerships where appropriate to be
utilized in the continuum of support as needed.
- Maintains a working relationship with program partners and
attends meetings with other providers, local and state agencies,
- Develops and maintains program procedures that align with the
policies and procedures of the college.
- As needed, provide supervision and support for the office
- Use outcome data to manage staff and program performance in
collaboration with the CCT Director.
- Collaborates with the CCT Leadership Team to track unit outcome
data, and assure measurable success across all programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Effective August 8, 2022, Prince George’s Community College’s
current vaccine mandate expired for students, faculty, and staff.
Select exceptions may apply. Face coverings will be voluntary
campus-wide, including in classrooms and instructional spaces.
Although the College will no longer require new employees and
students to be vaccinated as a condition of employment or
instruction based on current public health conditions, COVID -19
vaccines and boosters are strongly recommended.
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
This is a grant-funded position scheduled to end 6-30-23.
Funding beyond this date is contingent on renewal of the
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Maryland Clinical License (LCSW-C)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have two years supervisory experience?
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Will
you require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type